SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What modifications have you made to your P320??
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What modifications have you made to your P320?? Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted
What have you done other than add bullets? What do you use it for? Defense? Competition? Fun?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P320 Compact with manual safety, mostly a fun gun, personal protection once in awhile. Orange Trijicon HDXR, Sig straight trigger, Talon skateboard tape. I never sent it back for the "modification".

Posts: 399 | Location: Hartford, CT | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
After it returned from the trigger upgrade, I added a TLR-7.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
Started with a stock P320SC.

Added X-Ray night sights
Small non railed no beaver tail module
Small slide stop lever
Fat trigger
Obsidian Arms aluminum pinky extensions

It sees most days as my primary carry.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stippled all of them. Probably best mod overall. Cheapest as well, unless I get lung cancer from burning plastic then it will be the most expensive.

New sights for most. Ameriglo's big dot fronts. Dawson Precision FO front and blacked out rear.

Grayguns triggers. 2 flat, 2 curved. Love them both.

Gen2 slide release and takedown levers on 4 of 5.

Obsidian Arms extension for SC. NICE!

All upgraded innards post melon shooting advisory.

Currently use for matches. No issue using for HD but I try to use only DA/SA at home for the wife.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
Grayguns and Steady Grind Compact Xgrip modifications. Ameriglo Night Sights. Slide machined for RMR. Grayguns flat trigger and Apex trigger bar. I have one set up with Romeo 1 and one with RMR. Carry both at times. I have a SC grip being stippled by Steady Grind that I will keep on the Romeo 1 slide. Several range and Home defense guns with same sighting and trigger options. Red dots on only the compact slides.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
I have a 320RX that went through the safety update. I added a TLR-1 and it primarily pulls nightstand duty. Once in a while, it goes out for a fun day at the range.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
A set of Talon grips (320c, OD green w/NS). But I have only shot 50 rounds through it since the upgrade. It just dosen't seem the same.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nothing yet. Just bought it (used) and sent it in to SIG for the trigger upgrade.

PC

Posts: 1336 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I have several P320's, most I've just swapped out sights or grip modules.

I have an X-Carry and X-Five that are stock. I do carry the X-Carry from time to time and the X-Five is a range fun gun.

I have a P320 Carry and P320 Fullsize that have X Grips on them now and both have had front sights swapped to Night Fision Yellow/Green night sights. One will be upgraded in a week or so with a flat trigger.

My primary home defense pistol is a second P320 X-Five with fixed sights. The front is a Night Fision yellow/green night sight and the rear is a night sight plate off a P320 X-Carry. Shoots dead on at 10yards. Added a Streamlight TLR1HL to it too.

At this point no trigger mods or action jobs. I'm happy with how they are all running at this point. I did just pick up a flat trigger for one of the standard (non X) series guns. If I like it I will probably pick up another at some point so all my P320's will have flat triggers.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4521 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I put Trijicon HD sights on a couple, X Carry grips on a couple. Thinking about a Bruce Grey trigger.

The thing is about the P320, for someone who can push the pistol to its peak, then mods may be worth it. For me, the pistol has an outstanding trigger as is, has been very reliable, and is great out of the box. I don't come close to using it to its potential, so the utility of additional modifications may be lost on me. Someone who can split tenths of a second and tell the difference in triggers or frame weights, etc, would be the one to really ask about modifiying the pistol.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
My 320 compact is my carry gun.

- Trijicon HD XRs

- small grip frame (my 320 was older, so I had to swap out the slide release and takedown levers)

- Talon grips

- Surefire XC-1B

- NO trigger "upgrade"

I also got a 320 V-tac that I haven't modded in any way yet aside from buying a small FS grip frame.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
My P320 Compact 9mm got:

-Trijicon HD sights
-Gray Guns curved PELT2
-X-Carry grip module
-Springer Precision baseplates for any of my older 17 rounders that won't work with the X-series grips
-TLR-1HL

I occasionally carry it. But it's mainly a range gun, and a secondary defensive gun.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought a Large grip module along with the pistol. Added rubberized Talons right away. Did the upgrade. Then Hogue released their grips, and having big hands, I put them on too. Nice for my big hands, but it is bulky. I use for daily carry and 3-gun.

Oh, it's a P320 Carry with factory night sights. Really, I think the only improvement needed is grip texture.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
Trijicon HD sights and the voluntary recall for the drop safety issue are the only changes made to my 320C. I love this pistol!

Posts: 4453 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Installed a GGI Flat Trigger in my .45 Compact with manual safety.
Very 1911ish now!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P320C 9mm w/Sig factory NS- recall fix, SC grip frame, Talon grips, GGI flat trigger.
P320C .40mm w/Sig Factory NS - recall fix, Talon grips. Recall trigger good for a .40.
P320C 45, -recall fix, GGI flat trigger.
P320 X-carry w/Sig Fix includes with purchase, GGI grip frame.

Of the 4, I use the 45 and the 2 9mms in my carry rotation, and love to shoot them at the range. I clean them with Lucas CLP and Lucas grease and or Lucas Extreem Oil.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

FS 9mm, early model (2015)

SIG XRay3 sights, later replaced the front with a SIG TFO
SIG flat take down lever
GGI Competition Action package
GGI PELT trigger (curved)
Springer Precision mag well (IDPA legal for ESP)
Springer Precision extended mag release (IDPA legal for ESP)
Springer Precision aluminum mag base plates (1/4"), paid the extra $1 each to have them laser engraved with numbers 1-9

With the Springer extended mag release, this is the only gun I've ever owned that I can drop the mag without shifting my grip.

ETA, I use this gun for competition only.
ETA, again, I forgot to mention the GGI guide rod that allows the use of 1911 recoil springs in different weights.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: henryaz,

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10784 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
X5

Added Romeo 1, GrayGuns Competition Trigger Kit, guide rod and 1911 15 lb spring.

Primary use is IDPA, ~3,500 rounds through it.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Original 320FS (Competition)
- Dawson Precision sights
- Grayguns tuned FCU
- Grayguns Laser-Sculpted xSeries-Grip Module

First Gen 320 X5 (Competition)
- Grayguns tuned FCU
- Springer Precision optic mount and 6MOA Vortex Venom
- Springer Precision Tungsten guide rod
- Shooting Sports Innovations X5 Tungsten Slug
- Springer Precision basepads
- Stippled the grip module

2nd Gen 320 X5 (Competition)
- Grayguns Competition Spring kit and trigger
- Springer Precision optic mount and 60MOA Vortex Venom
- Springer Precision Tungsten guide rod
- Springer Precision basepads
- Stippled the grip module

Didn't add the X5 Tungsten Slug to the 2nd X5 because its my backup gun and if the primary goes down I can just swap the grip modules.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post