SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Smith 19 Carry Comp
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Smith 19 Carry Comp Login/Join 
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted
I never win anything on raffles and tip boards
That streak ended tonight
$30 invested and won this S&W 19 Carry Comp
Performance Center model , da and sa trigger are both excellent

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2914 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted Hide Post
That is a really nice gun. A friend had one and it shot great.

Congratulations.

Posts: 1359 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Wow, if you're only gonna win one, you certainly picked a good one! Congrats on a nice score!

Posts: 8541 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I have one and it is the smoothest double action pull there is.... single action is a tad too light for me. It did get me to tame my aim while shooting double action.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
We're waiting on your new belt/holster/speedloader-holder rig.

What's it gonna be? Smile

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
Love mine!

Posts: 1963 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
We're waiting on your new belt/holster/speedloader-holder rig.

What's it gonna be? Smile

Gotta come correct for this one
I’m thinking Texas style bbq rig
Something like this?

--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2914 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
That is SHARP!

Do you know what specific modifications the S&W Performance Center made?

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
Very nice win! Those are extremely nice little revolvers. Congrats!

Posts: 1126 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
That is SHARP!

Do you know what specific modifications the S&W Performance Center made?

From the web site

Return of the Model 19 K-Comp
The Performance Center Model 19 Carry Comp is designed for concealed carry and includes a tritium front night sight, custom wood and synthetic boot grips, and a 3″ PowerPort™ vented barrel for recoil management. The revolver features a trigger overtravel stop and Performance Center tuned action for a smooth double-action and light single action trigger pull.

Other :
• PowerPort™ Vented Barrel
• Tritium Night Sight
• Trigger Overtravel Stop
• PC Tuned Action

--Riff Raff--

Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Congratulations - that is a GREAT win!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
Very cool!!

Posts: 6616 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
There is a write-up on that model in the current American Handgunner.

Posts: 5616 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow that’s a great score. Congratulations. I’m picking mine up on Wednesday after the ten-day wait. I paid 1,099.00 before tax/fees. From the little bit that I played with it in the shop, I could tell that the action is really nice.

I buying this one to replace a Model 66 K-Comp that I owned in the 90’s but foolishly sold to a friend.

I also scored a 4.25 in. Python but can’t start the registration until June 20 due to CA, but that’s another story. Sorry for drift. Enjoy the S&W ElKabong.

Posts: 751 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Really a nice addition to any collection, would love to snag one. May need to raid the piggy bank.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1553 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You have a great pistol. I have the S&W Performance Center "F" Comp(Model 66) from the 1990s.

Posts: 270 | Location: Iowa | Registered: April 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
I will say the only thing the gun needs is a better front sight. Any suggestions?

Posts: 1963 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
I don’t mind the sight for casual range/target use
It has a small Tritium insert in the ramp
Classic set up otherwise

For self defense I like big dot front

--Riff Raff--