SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P229 Enhanced Elite vs E2 P229
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P229 Enhanced Elite vs E2 P229 Login/Join 
posted
Need to purcase a California compliant version which includes these two models. Both models have rails and night sights.

I believe the the EE has the addition of the SRT and the front serrations as well as the beavertail. I do appreciate a nice beaver tail but I'm wonder if for carry it'll just get in the way?

Posts: 507 | Location: San Diego | Registered: January 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Folks have been carrying the 1911 with beavertail forever with no problems. That said, I personally would not carry a pistol with beavertail. The less things protruding out the better.

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
That said, I personally would not carry a pistol with beavertail. The less things protruding out the better.

+1

You can just buy the SRT and add it separately if it doesn't already have one.

Posts: 352 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's funny reading this as I traded into a P229 EE,(California edition), not long ago. I love it and must say it is the most comfortable grip on a Sig I have had. The beaver tail allows me to get a higher grip and feels really good. It also sports an E2 grip and internals, which is an amazing combination. Very smooth and light trigger pull. I have a MK25 I got not long before that and got a really good deal on it as it was also a Cali. model. I added E2 grips to it and the both are quite the pair. Mine did not have the SRT and if you have large hands, like I do, the SRT tends to pinch my finger compared to the standard trigger.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P229 Enel w E2 is a Great firearm. Superb balance an feel. Not a compact gun,, really, barrel length notwithstanding. The beaver tail is great for getting a quick High grip with a draw from the hip. Also pretty heavy. If I can wear a 229 I can wear my 226 Legion. Thinking about a 365 xl , because although the 229 is almost a Perfect gun , I do not use it due to its bulk, and it does not shoot as easily as a 226. Good luck, I don't think you can go wrong

Posts: 12 | Location: Altoona, Pennsylvania | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post