SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Joining the West German club, looking for holster and grips
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joining the West German club, looking for holster and grips Login/Join 
posted
I have always wanted a West German Sig and I have been looking for a slim, compact single stack 9mm. Happened upon a 225 that meets both of my "needs".

Pictures to follow after I pick it up.

Thinking of grips, and holster. I like TT LEATHER OWB and several different IWB designs.

Perhaps a Grayguns trigger.

Does anyone have some photos of their favorite sig, grips, and holster? West German or not.

Cheers

Posts: 31 | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DeadHead
Picture of two-two-niner-romeo
posted Hide Post
Here's a pic of my P229R-DAK in a new High Noon kydex OWB. I use a Crossbreed Supertuck when I carry this one IWB.

https://www.highnoonholsters.com/

The grips are Hogue Piranhas.

https://www.hogueinc.com/sig-s...grip-g10-solid-black

"Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's God-given right!" - GhostBusters II

"You have all the tools you need. Don't blame them. Use them." - Dan Worrall

Posts: 1902 | Location: Putnam County, NY | Registered: May 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Go for the Hogue checkered G10. I have them on my W German P225 for they classic look but more grip.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Checkered or "piranha" Hogue G-10s. I have the piranha ones on my P6 and they are great.

I don't think GGI has a trigger that will fit the old P6/P225s, but I'd be happy to be corrected!

My trigger is now outstanding due to a #19 mainspring, SRT kit, and polish of everything except the sear/hammer engagement surface (I won't touch this on a carry gun). The lower power mainspring and SRT kit made 90% of the improvement.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have never run G10 grips before, but now that I think about it I have checkered G10 scales on a knife and like it. I was thinking of of wood grips like Marschal grips

https://www.marschalgrips.com/...od-red-checkered.jpg

But the G10 would be more durable.

How is that US flag image holding up? Does it get scuffs etc very easily? I makes a strong image, good choice.

DeadHead
Picture of two-two-niner-romeo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cutter:
I have never run G10 grips before, but now that I think about it I have checkered G10 scales on a knife and like it. I was thinking of of wood grips like Marschal grips

https://www.marschalgrips.com/...od-red-checkered.jpg

But the G10 would be more durable.

How is that US flag image holding up? Does it get scuffs etc very easily? I makes a strong image, good choice.

They are made of hard plastic, so yes they can get a little scuffed if you roll around on the ground, as I have done with the other one I have for my P320. But I'm very happy with mine. Retention is good and they look great.

"Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's God-given right!" - GhostBusters II

"You have all the tools you need. Don't blame them. Use them." - Dan Worrall

Posts: 1902 | Location: Putnam County, NY | Registered: May 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
My humble Galco and original grips.

Or Don Hume,

Posts: 3507 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the trigger system recommendation. I'll send Grayguns an email and let you know what I hear

posted Hide Post
Sigsentry, that "humble Galco" looks a step or two above the Aker that has served me well for a dozen years Wink

posted Hide Post
Like the Grizzle holster. I have a similar holster and appreciate the snaps. I had trigger work done on by sig on my 229 almost 20 years ago. Still one of my favorite shooters