SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Wilson Combat EDC X9 owners...happy with your choice?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wilson Combat EDC X9 owners...happy with your choice? Login/Join 
posted
Seriously considering one before the standard capacity mag ban goes into effect here in WA (well, I already ordered the 15rd mags from WC). Love to hear any feedback from owners.

-MG

Posts: 1924 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
Absolutely phenomenal pistol. I just had mine upgraded by Wilson with the RMR cut and installed.

Couple thousand rounds through it and it's been 100% reliable and accurate as it should be.

Posts: 818 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I have the EDC X9L and I love it. An outstanding pistol, it goes with me on every range trip. Along with the Staccato P, my favorite 9mm pistol.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16603 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Appreciate the feedback. I opted for the 4" optic cut version with the (gasp) rail. May and June have been VERY busy and spendy months for my credit card. Damn Iron Curtain falling; should be here in a couple of days.

First WC for me. Wasn't how I pictured my first one being, but the EDC X9 has been on my list of wants burning my eyeballs out ever since they came out and well, I had to take care of the 10+ mag capacity one first before getting a proper 45AUTO WC.

-MG

Posts: 1924 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I have a student that has in excess of 39,000 rounds through one. Still ticking strong.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37072 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I have a student that has in excess of 39,000 rounds through one. Still ticking strong.

Great to know. Mine is currently in background check purgatory with almost two weeks to go given the huge number of guns sales leading up to the standard cap mag ban here in WA. All of the panic buying (hand raised) caught most of the local PD records departments off-guard.

-MG

Picture of Old226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
Appreciate the feedback. I opted for the 4" optic cut version with the (gasp) rail.

I don't see the 4" version in-stock. Was yours in-stock? If not how long did it take to arrive?

Tools of the Trade: WG P226, P228, P229 SAS Gen II, Para P16, S&W 610, Springfield 1911 (Les Baer) 10mm, EMP .40S&W & Ed Brown Executive Carry 45acp

Posts: 168 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As you noted WC was out, and had been for at least a month and a half when I first started looking on their site. Of the distributors that our shop uses they either don't carry Wilson Combat or didn't have any EDC X9s in stock. Ultimately I went to GB and started looking at what other FFLs were able to offer, and there A LOT of product in a variety of configurations were available. However I found the specific configuration I wanted (all black finish, optic-ready with raised sights, M1913 rail) on guns.com, and they were close to $200 less than the lowest price I came across on GB for similarly configured guns.

So it's not as "cool" as having a WC invoice/work order, but I bought it on guns.com. I did order all of extra mags (including the 10 rounders I'll probably use the most at the range) direct from WC. Guns.com shipped it out two days after the order was placed and as required by ATF it showed up two days later.

-MG

posted Hide Post
I have the 4” version. It’s a great gun. No problems whatsoever. Comfortable to carry. Does it do anything a Glock 19 doesn’t do? Not really, other than the obvious things like a better trigger and feel. It definitely has more style. The newer SFX9 is noticeably thinner in the grip area and is otherwise the same as the EDC X9. If the cost is not a problem, then I think you will like it, although you should try to find the SFX9 in 4 inch if you want the thinnest grip. I know there is a shop close to me that had several in stock recently (not sure about now, but a week ago they had at least 4-5). EDIT; oops,sorry, I didn’t read the follow up posts. I see you have already purchased one! Hope you enjoy it!

Posts: 135 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: October 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had the EDC X9, was nice but not for me. Recently got a Staccato C2, like it much better

Fire fears me, Women love me!

Posts: 83 | Location: York, PA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I don't know why one of the big 1911 manufacturers don't make a clone of this gun. If they can get the price down to $1,000-ish for a non-custom grade version, they could probably sell a boat load of them.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
I'm a big Wilson 1911 fan, and when the EDC X9 came out, I knew I was going to get one. So when one of the local dealers got two of them in stock, I was at their door with cash in hand the next day.

Beautiful gun! Good feel, with typical Wilson attention the detail. The slide operated almost like it was on bearings. I liked everything about it.

Then I asked myself. Is this going to do anything better than my EDC's that I've been carrying for years?- Glock 19, M11-A1, MK25, or my old Wilson CQB. No it wouldn't.

I left without it, and the cash has been sitting in the gunsafe for over three years, waiting for something better to come along.

I must be getting old.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Well the WC is finally and officially home, after its first cleaning and lube.

-MG