SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Spectre 365XL: TWICE the $ ?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spectre 365XL: TWICE the $ ? Login/Join 
posted
Over the regular flavor? You get a bit grippier frame, and a slide that perhaps only a Momma could love.

No porting, no engraving, no plating, no trigger work, no RMR included.

Now, I'm no marketing genious, but...TWICE the price? A hundo...two maybe...but DANG!

Posts: 383 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I just took a look at it. What's that supposed to be, with the faux wear on the slide?

I remember when SIG offered a half dozen models, with all but the stainless P230 being basic black. With the way consumers are these days - conditioned by manufacturers to have a bewildering range of choices- I'm certain many of them would think such a small lineup to be lame, but, back then, SIG was Mercedes or Leica or Omega watches- all of their offerings were high quality gems.

And now, we get stuff like this. Pistols for adolescent gamers.

No, I'm not forgetting the P320 or any of the other serious choices from SIG. I just want SIG to stop putting out glorified toys with ridiculous cosmetic treatments.

Posts: 107551 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
There's an actual team for this sort of marketing yeah?

Do you think the conversations between the few actual gun guys that work there and this team are hard to swallow.

"Okay, since the 938 is selling well, we want to release a few upgrades"

"What you got in mind"

"Rainbow slides"

"DAFUQ you say?"

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6318 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I didn't fall asleep as early as usual and dropped by the Forum to see what's going on. Went to the Sig site to see this gun that Para and Victor were discussing.

Man, that is truly an ugly pistol. I've seen "Battle Worn" in Ceracoat and some weren't bad, but this is just awful. Looks like someone dragged this poor gun across the pavers in my driveway.

Not sure what caused Sig to do something like this to a helpless little 365 XL, but they oughta be spanked for it.

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
These are "battle worn" SIGs

Posts: 107551 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
If my gun is to look worn, "battle" or otherwise, I want to be the one who put the wear there.
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Why does the one at upper right have a prominent QR code on it?

Posts: 27937 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
If my gun is to look worn, "battle" or otherwise, I want to be the one who put the wear there.
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Why does the one at upper right have a prominent QR code on it?

Military-issued weapons will use QR codes on UID stickers.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6318 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As to the sticker, this is the reply I got from a CSR there after he looked into it:

Hi sir,
That is just a QR code that was used in Navy inventory control system that we left on the gun when we moved them into civilian availability to maintain authenticity.

Posts: 383 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This past week we got one of these Sphincters in. Yes, two extra bungholes!

-MG

Posts: 1984 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Thinking that all the P226 Navy variants had the QR code to designate the model, caliber, etc...

I can think of a few Sigs that were tempting at this price point, but a P365 isn't one of them.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Over the years, all serialized pieces of equipment started getting QR code stickers so that inventory could be more quickly performed. We just lat everything out and tale the scanner down the line beep beep beep beep

Also makes “check out” and “check in” easier. So if i have a weapon or a radio that needs to go get higher level of service than the team level can provide, i can scan it off my accountability roster and onto the shop’s and vice versa.

Its just record keeping. If you want a NSW 226, the tolerances and phosphate internals are more important to find than the anchor or the QR sticker, imo.

Posts: 99 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig does some crazy things with their platforms. I remember having a P229 with the "diamond plate" slide. I got a real good deal on it and it never really bothered me much with that type of design but have to wonder who came up with that.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know what's sadder, that they released that or that people will buy it...

Posts: 184 | Registered: September 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Pic shows what i was talking about in my stippling vid. Most of those have grip mods.

Posts: 99 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does it come with a manual safety?

Posts: 92 | Location: NM | Registered: May 30, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I remember having a P229 with the "diamond plate" slide. I got a real good deal on it and it never really bothered me much with that type of design but have to wonder who came up with that.

Probably someone in the company with a toolbox fetish. SIG NH has an ongoing thing about guns being very fashionista.

-MG

Posts: 1984 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Been saying for years on this forum that everyone in Sig’s marketing department needs to be fired. It’s pathetic some of the product innovations they completely overlook, to the arrogance demonstrated by their staff (the head of marketing pretty much says us consumers are ignorant on YT & let’s not forget LDD’s interview - which they indicated such finishes weren’t going to happen again), the lack of product line support where their rifles are concerned and the stupidity of the Legion marketing campaign (the exclusive warrior lifestyle for only a few $ more).
To Hell and Back Reliability is very difficult (interesting we never hear this promotional slogan any more, isn’t it?) the more product line extensions there are (which to Sig Exeter really means: let’s use up our spare inventory parts as there are plenty of consumer suckers out there).

Hey Cohen, get a clue.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
I dunno..
The new 226 pro slide is kinda.. tacky?

Posts: 1477 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
^^^^ The reality is that Sig Exeter probably obtained or manufactured some dinged up slides. Someone from their engineering department brought up the subject and Sig Marketing said, just cut some holes in them and they’ll sell. I’m telling you, they’re all alumni from the Jon Lovitz school of marketing.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would love to see Sig go back to the days of 8-10 models of pistols (forget about the rifles) with the only 2 choices being night sights or contrast.

I remember 20 years ago or so Sigs not being that much more than Glocks. Sigs have almost doubled and Glocks have only really gone up about $125.

Posts: 1219 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post