SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Some love for Wheelguns
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Some love for Wheelguns Login/Join 
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Ya know, there's just something about that sound when you pull that hammer back that gives you satisfaction like no other thing does, doesn't it?

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1864 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fiasconva:
Ya know, there's just something about that sound when you pull that hammer back that gives you satisfaction like no other thing does, doesn't it?

Agreed.

Posts: 59 | Location: NW Burbs of Illinois | Registered: June 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pre-Model 10 arrived today at my FFL, purchased the 681 as well. While I was doing the paperwork, they pointed out a 625-3 in .45 ACP with a 5" barrel that just came in on consignment. Yep.

Probably time for an intervention....

Posts: 59 | Location: NW Burbs of Illinois | Registered: June 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a fan of revolvers, primarily S&W 357s without the retarded lock. The L frame is my favorite. I'll post pics of my harem when I get the chance but my 686-1 is going in the box with me when I die. It's just superb.

Posts: 4657 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Here's a picture of one that is not so pretty...
but it has a history.... not only did my father carry it with him for the time I knew him... but he also had it strapped to his chest for 10 days back in 1950 in Korea while he and the 1st Marine Division delt with a few Chinese that has snuck across the boarder.

the hammer got broken off when it got dropped while he was riding on a tank and he had it repaired later.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
but it has a history.... not only did my father carry it with him for the time I knew him... but he also had it strapped to his chest for 10 days back in 1950 in Korea while he and the 1st Marine Division delt with a few Chinese that has snuck across the boarder.

the hammer got broken off when it got dropped while he was riding on a tank and he had it repaired later.

That's awesome!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:

A real weapon for a real man among men...Thanks for sharing!

Posts: 645 | Location: Griffin, GA, USA | Registered: November 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Very cool Blue. That’s an awesome gun and story.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picked all three up yesterday, cleaned and inspected.

Everything's good to go. Picked up extra moon clips, loading and unloading tools for the 625 as well.

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Thought I was seeing the K22 with your 8 3/8" gun. Too accustomed to seeing wad cutter holes from the center fires.. Big Grin. Never the less, the 15 looks to have a Millett rear which mates nicely for target shooting with a Patridge blade front. Always wanted a 14 in a 6" but they seem to have been made in limited numbers.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
Thought I was seeing the K22 with your 8 3/8" gun. Too accustomed to seeing wad cutter holes from the center fires.. Big Grin. Never the less, the 15 looks to have a Millett rear which mates nicely for target shooting with a Patridge blade front. Always wanted a 14 in a 6" but they seem to have been made in limited numbers.

Good eye...it does have a Millet which I'm extremely happy with. Taking it tomorrow to qualify with on the shooting part of the Instructor certification.