SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SigSauer wants to be Mattel, Hubley, & Matchbox
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SigSauer wants to be Mattel, Hubley, & Matchbox Login/Join 
Picture of Malysh
posted
Got another email from SIG Sauer this week.

They are now selling 1:3 miniature die cast replicas of their firearms.
https://www.sigsauer.com/goatg...ini-mcx-rattler.html
I am almost speechless.

Geeeesssshhhh!!! Frown

Posts: 419 | Location: PA | Registered: November 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
This would be great for my...

Nevermind.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
I think they're cool. They're made by GoatGuns, so it's not as if Sig has anything to do w/ their manufacture. All they're doing is offering on their site what is already offered on GoatGuns' site.

https://goatguns.com

It's like a real life Cat Shit One.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Malysh
posted Hide Post
Doesn't matter if SIG makes them or they make some bucks from the mfg.

Selling crap like this is an embarassment.
Worse than the beef jerky vendors at gun shows.

Posts: 419 | Location: PA | Registered: November 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
No P220EU? They sell a sticker of their mascot wearing a Kung Flu mask? Fuggedit.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Malysh:
Selling crap like this is an embarassment.
I agree. This needs to stop.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/6660045484

I have nothing against the manufacturer of these miniatures. It's an American company and I wish them well. However, SIG-Sauer needs to cease selling toys and they need to remove all Chinese-made goods from their catalogue.
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
...it's not as if Sig has anything to do w/ their manufacture.
That's irrelevant.

Posts: 107551 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
It's like a real life Cat Shit One.

Ain’t no fox messing’ with that bunny.

Posts: 6623 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ain’t no fox messing’ with that bunny.

I dunno. I think most foxes will laugh at being shot at with .00223 caliber boolits. Razz

SIG isn't the only one who's branched into this kind of superfluous type of brand marketing. Glock is openly peddling their own branding with BB and airsoft pistols, and they've had their own micro G17s (albeit more as keychains fobs rather than toys). Disney-style marketing (get 'em while they're young) isn't a new thing, but it's very odd to see in the gun world.

-MG

Posts: 1984 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Might not want to buy in on initial production! Let someone else be the quality control tester. What if it malfunctions on ejection?

Just kidding. I couldn’t stop myself.

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
I saw these in the Pro Shop on Sunday. My reaction was WTF although it was in the same display as the challenge coins, morale patches and other fanboi trinkets.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2386 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Malysh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10X-Shooter:
Might not want to buy in on initial production! Let someone else be the quality control tester. What if it malfunctions on ejection?

Just kidding. I couldn’t stop myself.

Best retort of the week goes to 10X-Shooter. Smile

Your prize is......our undying admiration!

That really is funny.

Picture of Malysh
posted Hide Post
Special mention to Mike Myers!

Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I'm alright with it...they're kinda cool if you're into model-building or that kinda stuff. I won't be spending my money on them, but it's a fun little toy for somebody. It also an outside company making them, so it's not tying up production capacity.

Based on what I'm seeing coming out of there lately, I wish Sig's marketing people would limit themselves to playing with stuff like this, rather than messing with actual gun designs. Hopefully this is a ploy by the actual shooters and engineers at the company to distract the marketing jerks so they can get back to making practical firearms.

Posts: 8562 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post