SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Dirty Lense on DPP
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dirty Lense on DPP Login/Join 
posted
I just placed a new Delta Point Pro on my Sig Carry. It appears that the chamber load indicator (which is ontop of the slide) is causing the lenses on the optic to get pretty dirty. I'm getting this buildup after 50 rounds. Does Sig make a solution for this? Did they make other slides that dont have a Chamber Load Indicators? I know my X5 Legion does not have one. What can I do? Thanks in advance.

Posts: 69 | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't have any answers to your SIG slide related questions. I have a DPP mounted on a Glock 40 and the front facing lens does get dirty after a range session. I don't know how it can be avoided. As the slide cycles, some powder residue and even lubricant aerosol is released. The front lens is in the perfect position to pick up some of this stuff. I'm accustomed to having to clean the DPP lenses. I use a clean, soft cotton cleaning patch moistened with eyeglass lens cleaner to wipe off the accumulated material and follow up with dry patches until it is clean and clear. For the inside rear facing lens, I use cotton Q-tips to remove smudges. I don't know if you'll find this helpful but that's my experience with the DPP.

Posts: 691 | Location: Ohio & UP of Michigan | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I found that those scope lens pens work pretty good.

Posts: 1660 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lou1187:
I just placed a new Delta Point Pro on my Sig Carry. It appears that the chamber load indicator (which is ontop of the slide) is causing the lenses on the optic to get pretty dirty. I'm getting this buildup after 50 rounds. Does Sig make a solution for this? Did they make other slides that dont have a Chamber Load Indicators? I know my X5 Legion does not have one. What can I do? Thanks in advance.

Yes, they have a solution.
Stop issuing pistols with the LCI.
Another dumb idea from SIG.

I use brass cased ammo and I can see a loaded round in a P320 without the infamous LCI.

I think the LCI was driven by the government contract and then it trickled down to the civilian market.

Posts: 434 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:

I use brass cased ammo and I can see a loaded round in a P320 without the infamous LCI

This right here. My P320 with RMR has no LCI, and I've experienced no fouling on the lens, even after 4-500 rounds. I asked the instructor in my armorer's class why Sig even implemented the LCI in the first place, since it's an answer to a problem that doesn't exist, and creates problems of it's own. He told me it's a requirement of Massachusetts and a couple of other states in order to sell the guns in those states...colloquially it's referred to as the "Masshole".

Personally I'd prefer that Sig just tell those states to pound sand and not sell there, if only to save the rest of us from having to ensure that the guns we're buying don't have that BS on them, but the market being what it is I don't see that happening.

Posts: 8583 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
quote:

I use brass cased ammo and I can see a loaded round in a P320 without the infamous LCI

This right here. My P320 with RMR has no LCI, and I've experienced no fouling on the lens, even after 4-500 rounds. I asked the instructor in my armorer's class why Sig even implemented the LCI in the first place, since it's an answer to a problem that doesn't exist, and creates problems of it's own. He told me it's a requirement of Massachusetts and a couple of other states in order to sell the guns in those states...colloquially it's referred to as the "Masshole".

Personally I'd prefer that Sig just tell those states to pound sand and not sell there, if only to save the rest of us from having to ensure that the guns we're buying don't have that BS on them, but the market being what it is I don't see that happening.

I'm actually a former Baystater, therefore I am a Masshole.
That's what the other New Englanders call us.
That "term of endearment" was coined before the LCI, but that's a great re-purposing of the term !

LOL

Posts: 434 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have experienced this also. I use a WD-40 pen and coat the lens prior to shooting. While it won't prevent the build-up of grunge on the lens, it does make it easier to remove.

HTH.

Posts: 81 | Location: SW PA USA | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post