SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Holster to mount under desk
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holster to mount under desk Login/Join 
posted
I want to mount a holster under my home desk (aka a piece of plywood laid across two peds/file cabinets. I want a molded holster that holds the pistol firmly (HK P30L) not that it matters. It will be mounted permanently, mount/unmount doesn't enter into the equation. Thanks for the thoughts/input.

Posts: 1417 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some of these magnets designed for this are
not a bad idea. Usually sell at reasonable
prices.
Poli Viejo

Posts: 395 | Location: Green Valley, Arizona | Registered: May 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
What I did before was buy a kydex IWB holster with a metal clip and clipped it to a piece of nylon belt that I screwed into the bottom of a shelf.

A left handed IWB holster will work of you want it to mount on top of a surface rather than suspended underneath.

Posts: 7423 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^That is what I did.

Posts: 6891 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
A sticky-backed velcro sheet on the desk and one on the holster will also work.

Or, what I'd do since I've already invested in the holster system, get a G-code RTI wheel and affix it to the desk and then just get an RTI holster, which you can easily remove from the desk and attach to something else (like your belt).

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't done that, but I have given it some thought, and one idea I had was to just get a pancake style holster and screw it to the underside of the desk through the belt slots, maybe using washers if necessary if the screw head is too narrow for the slot. Can't say how well that would work, though.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You may look at Safariland QLS system. This is what I used on my desk along with an ALS holster.

Posts: 1220 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I use a gun magnet I bought from amazon

Posts: 26921 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it were me, I wouldn't bother with a holster. A holster requires the gun be withdrawn in the appropriate straight line. Subject to binding.

I'd take a piece of 1/2" thick wood. Then cut two or three strips of surgical elastic. Staple them to the board with a staple gun using chisel point staples. Shape it to accomodate the gun. Screw the board to the underside of the desk (or glue it).

The elastic will allow a lot of leeway when the gun is "drawn". Less likely to bind in a rush and you can control the tension. You could also put something between the grip and board to control the angle/standoff of the gun for a better "draw" angle.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DeadHead
Picture of two-two-niner-romeo
posted Hide Post
I use the Blackhawk Serpa Quick Disconnect system. The female adapter will mount to any flat surface:

https://blackhawk.com/products...isconnect-system-kit

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuPB4iRBIko

"Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's God-given right!" - GhostBusters II

"You have all the tools you need. Don't blame them. Use them." - Dan Worrall

Posts: 1904 | Location: Putnam County, NY | Registered: May 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post