SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Back to back range trips, two broken streamlight trl1 battery covers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Back to back range trips, two broken streamlight trl1 battery covers Login/Join 
posted
I have always been a streamlight fan but this has me concerned.

Range trips last week resulted in the battery cover hinge which holds the metal rod broke off. Switched the light out off another gun. Today another plastic piece broke off the battery cover. Is this a coincidence? Both lights are probably over 10 years old. Aging plastics?

Glock 17 gen5 mos. The only that changed was I switched a Trijicon RMR for a Holosun. I can’t see this being a problem?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: gpbst3,

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
Battery covers are (or were)the Achilles heal of the TLR-1. They have supposedly upgraded them. Reach out to Streamlight customer service, they should be able to send out replacement battery doors for you.

Posts: 1626 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
They changed the design over the years for the battery doors.

If you have ten year old TLR1 lights, they are OLD and not bright. I'd sell them and buy a new bright one with the new updated battery doors.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
bt/dt.
Like stated above, the older Streamlights- it was their weak point.
Get on Streamlights website and look for a dealer near you, give them a call, they may have parts and fix it on the spot for you, vs sending it off to the company.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8340 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those things are immense pieces of dung. We issue them, and I've probably replaced at least 300 of the 600 we have issued. Streamlight has shipped us bags of the covers to replace them at no cost to us. We are starting to convert to TLR 7's.

What, me worry?

Posts: 2126 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: September 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a a couple tlr1 hds and had the door snap on one. Streamlight shipped a replacement cover out for free.

Posts: 2753 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
We’ve replaced two battery doors in the last few weeks at work.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post