SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Hammer Fired...which would you choose...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hammer Fired...which would you choose... Login/Join 
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted Hide Post
I don’t have experience with those but I have a lot of experience with the CZ P07. It’s very accurate and has minimal muzzle rise. I installed Cajun Gun Works trigger spring kit which lightened the trigger a little bit.

Posts: 1770 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
DA/SA P01 and USP have their decockers in wrong places. P01 especially. With high grip getting a sore at the base of a thumb is more of a certainty than possibility. P2000 is ingenious that way.
HK has better mags; CZs lose baseplates when dropped on a hard floor. A reverse front dovetail without sight retained by a bushing is a substandard option; I've lost numerous front sights, and a couple of bushings, on my CZs. A trigger on PO1 can be made spectacular - but you have to use a bunch of cottage industry parts.
My take depends on intended use. Range toy, IDPA - PO1, after dremeling down the decocker. Carry - P2000, no contest.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcjwriter:
HK P2000 (or even SK)
CZ P01 (or a CZ 75 PCR)
HK USP Compact.

What are your thoughts / experiences out there?

I have owned the P2K and USPc both in 9mm.

The DA triggers on them were absolutely horrible. Almost as horrible as pulling a baby grand piano through wet sand. The SA was better than horrible, lots of slack in it before it breaks. I will say the ergonomics of the P2K are awesome, though. For the price, the triggers really made them an awful value. Now I have ran some mags through tuned HKs and that made them just about perfect but you're adding a couple/few hundred to the cost of the pistol.

I have never fired the LEM, though.

Mags are the same for the P2K and USPc, they're around $30/piece. Not the cheapest mags out there. Plenty of holster options available.

Posts: 13041 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Sig 239 in 357 Sig is a quality item.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1523 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Syngin1066
posted Hide Post
Based on your 3 choices, and your intended purpose of instructing and possibly carrying, I would go with the P2000. The SK is great to carry, but the slight increase in size of the P2000 makes it a better all rounder. I would normally suggest getting some of the flat baseplates to help it conceal better, but I don’t think you can with 10 round mags. So, the other option is to dremel a little bit of the lip off the curved baseplates. I have a P2000 and a SK and it makes a difference for me on both. On the P2000, they are just to damn long, on the SK they crowd my fingers (average size hands). The DA trigger isn’t great. Think duty gun, definitely not competition gun. But it is shootable.

I’ve owned a USP9c and it is thicc as the kids say. Also hard to put a light on if you are into that kind of thing. My big issue was the safety / decocker lever rubbed my thumb.

I’ve also owned various CZ’s and they are great guns, better if you dive off the deep end with Cajun parts. I ended up getting rid of them because I found that I fumbled malfunction drills sometimes due to the small slide. It’s not the guns fault, it’s totally on me.

Good luck with whatever you choose, they are all good guns.

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4851 | Location: Celina, TX | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The nice thing is that you presented us with reasonable choices. The USPc is the worst of the bunch and it's a great gun. It just fits my hand like a poorly fitted 2x4. The one I shot the most would make a sore spot on the webbing between thumb and forefinger after a box or two. It shoots well it just doesn't play well with my hand. Now if we can add guns to your list I would say add the P30/P30SK. It is a P2000 on steroids. Better (or equal)in every way that matters to me. I don't even own a P30SK yet but HK is blowing out the old mags for them because the newer +2 versions (same size) are coming out. For 20 bucks a mag I bought a bunch. At less than half price I can live with 13 rounds vice 15.

Posts: 7337 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you are limited to ten rounds, I’d go with. Sig P239 in 9mm, 8+1, still plenty out there.

Posts: 172 | Registered: January 04, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CZ P01 would be my top choice, even with a wider available pool of choices. The P01 is a really usable, semi-compact pistol. I tore mine down, put in some Cajun parts and it is world class now.

Ignem Feram

Posts: 528 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would say add the P30/P30SK

While I love the P30 and I love the P2000sk the P30sk just somehow feels “wrong” to me. Almost bulbous in my hand. Great little hammer fired pistol if it fits you but I, myself, far prefer the P2000sk. The full size P30 is pretty amazing though.

While I still prefer the 2000 to the 30 I would have loved it HK had done a “2000/G19 sized” P30. That would have gotten my plastic out pretty fast. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7625 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
The nice thing is that you presented us with reasonable choices. The USPc is the worst of the bunch and it's a great gun. It just fits my hand like a poorly fitted 2x4. The one I shot the most would make a sore spot on the webbing between thumb and forefinger after a box or two. It shoots well it just doesn't play well with my hand. Now if we can add guns to your list I would say add the P30/P30SK. It is a P2000 on steroids. Better (or equal)in every way that matters to me. I don't even own a P30SK yet but HK is blowing out the old mags for them because the newer +2 versions (same size) are coming out. For 20 bucks a mag I bought a bunch. At less than half price I can live with 13 rounds vice 15.

Sadly I’m the great state of Cali the P30 is not on the roster…

Posts: 1957 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I have a P2000 and P2000sk. I'd go P2000. Longer sight picture and it carries better than its size suggests. HK triggers are long and heavy but they can be improved if wanted.

Posts: 12430 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcjwriter:
HK P2000 (or even SK)
CZ P01 (or a CZ 75 PCR)
HK USP Compact.

I've owned them the P2000SK, P01, and a USP Compact. All were great, but the P2000sk would be my favorite for concealed carry.

Posts: 932 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
OK...so I went and did it. Got an FDE framed P2000 V3. Triggers was actually pretty good. It was used and under $700 in almost new condition. (For here in CA that's a good deal...)

Posts: 1957 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
For instruction I would be using the 357SIG chambered USPc

I prefer the controls on the USPc so when size is not an issue, I almost always choose the larger firearm

If I wanted something to carry and I lived in a highly restrictive State where those were my three choices, I would probably get the 357SIG chambered P2000SK

One of the cool things about the P2000SK is that the firearm can function with the longer HK USPc magazines. A company called X-Grip makes a great little spacer so that everything feels good.

So carry the gun with the flush fit magazines (even pocket carry) and have have the longer magazine as your reload

From shooting several P2000SK pistols in various chamberings, I have been incredibly impressed with their accuracy. Such a tiny pistol has no right to shoot that good

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice choice. I had both the P2000 and compact model. Unfortunately, I would get hammer bite due to my big mitts. I really liked those guns as they were more concealable than the USPc I had and fun to shoot. I always wanted to try the LEM version, maybe one day.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great choice. A relative of mine swears by his P2000. I've shot it a couple of times and it's really a very good design, significantly updated from my USPc.

-MG

Posts: 1927 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elberettas
posted Hide Post
I was just thinking the other day that if I didn't have my SIG P226, and had to go out and buy a new pistol (also in CA), It would be a Beretta M9, GLOCK 19 or HK P2000. The P2000 is a great option. Congrats!

Posts: 1955 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I vote P2000sk. Have one in .357 sig. Great carry gun. I think I'd like one in 9mm. For instructing, I'd get a P30 mag with an X-grip spacer. Gives it a full size grip and more round capacity. Swap in the SK mag for CCW.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29600 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I actually disagree with the 357 suggestions above for the simple reason it is going to be used for instruction purposes too. For the use of an instructive fire arm I think 9mm is pushing it and this is why.... I know a number of woman that can't rack the slide on a 9mm... 357 would be impossible even for some older men.... .380 is usually okay for most women. Just something to think about.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Benderx4
posted Hide Post
I've owned all three and I would go with either the CZ or the HK P2000, both great examples to learn from.

Posts: 490 | Location: NE FL, JAX | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post