SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P227 question
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
P227 question Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John3200:
If you're wanting a Sig 45 then you should also look at the P220 line. Get the one that feels best to you. The P227 only holds 2 more rounds than the P220 so capacity is negligibly different..

On the other side of the coin, an extra round or two might mean the difference between life and death. Wink

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by John3200:
If you're wanting a Sig 45 then you should also look at the P220 line. Get the one that feels best to you. The P227 only holds 2 more rounds than the P220 so capacity is negligibly different..

On the other side of the coin, an extra round or two might mean the difference between life and death. Wink

Then drop the 45 altogether and go with a 15rnd+ 9mm.

The extra 2 Rnds between a 10rnd P227 and an 8rnd P220 (10rnd mags are available for the P220) are much less important to picking the model you are more comfortable shooting. Also, carrying a extra Mag or 2 is much more important when carrying a low capacity 45.

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Report This Post
Picture of HawkeyeJohn
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum Keith!

"Is that slightly shorter length going to make the gen 2 carry model have more noticeable muzzle flip? More challenging to be accurate with?"

Well maybe... one way to find out. Embrace the challenge!

"Not a soft as shooter than the full size version?"

Smaller gun, same size bullet = not as soft.

"If so is it negligible?"

Probably. I'll bet you can learn to adjust for it.

It ain't the arrow. Usually...

And of course y'all know there is a 14 round mag available for the 227.

Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
Yes, the carry model will have more muzzle flip. I was just shooting my P220 Carry SAO yesterday and it flips more than my standard P220, which in turn flips more than my P227, which flips more than my all Stainless Steel slide/frame P220 Stainless Match Elite.

Most to least recoil muzzle flip in Sig P220/P227 is just what you'd think...
P245/P220 Compact, P220 Carry, P227 Carry, P220, P227, P220 Stainless, P220 Stainless Match Elite (5in barrel). Most other models in the classic line are just variations of one of these models.

Guns are all about compromise, you give up one thing to get another.

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Report This Post
Picture of winter_war
posted Hide Post
I had the opportunity to check out a full size P227 at my favorite LGS last Saturday. You don't see them around here much for some reason. It seemed decent though.

I would have to install a long trigger and replace the E2 grip with something from Hogue. Magazine availability could be a problem at times since they are only available from SIG.

Posts: 755 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 02, 2002Report This Post