SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Found a loose pin in my new/used P239
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Found a loose pin in my new/used P239 Login/Join 
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
The pin probably was a loose fit and when the grip panel was lifted off, it came up with it for a second and then fell out of the hole. That would fit with the original description.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16488 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ken @ Hogue Inc:
Well, I may have an answer to this, but doesn't explain why the pin is so beat.

Did/does your replaced wood grip have an .125" hole at the bottom of the grip under the main spring retainer or does your G10 grip have this same hole?

This was probably it. I sold the wood grips to a SF member. My new G10 grips have the hole, but no pin was shipped with the grips.

I will notify the buyer of the Hogue wood grips, and tell him about the pin.
----------------
I just heard from the buyer of the used Hogue grips, and he states that there is no 1/8" hole for the pin. Perhaps there is some history, where a previous owner swapped grips and the pin fell into the frame and stayed there until now.

When my slide comes back on Friday I will check for the extractor pin.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: c1steve,

-c1steve

Posts: 4041 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sgt 127:
As an aside. When I went to FBI armorers school, we were working on Glocks and Sigs primarily. And one day for revolvers.

It was considered great entertainment to wait until somebody had a Sig P226 fully broken down on their workbench. Lean over, admire their handiwork and casually un palm a Smith K frame rebound spring, or some other small part, in the middle of the parts.

I saw a guy at an 870 armorer's class once take a spring from a pen and toss it in someone's pile of parts while they were in the bathroom. I'll never go to another armorer school without some random spare part...

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well my slide came back from the optic cut shop, and the ejector pin is in place. Therefore the extra pin fell in the frame when grip panels were changed, or possibly the gun was at an armorer's school and Sgt127 had a sense of humor.

-c1steve

Posts: 4041 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post