SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Where are all of the replacement .40 229 recoil springs?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where are all of the replacement .40 229 recoil springs? Login/Join 
posted
I just can’t find any, and the couple I have found are twice as much as they usually are. Any leads? And also is there any advantage to getting a flat wire over the standard twisted wire spring ?

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:
Any leads? And also is there any advantage to getting a flat wire over the standard twisted wire spring ?

No advantages (or disadvantages) either way, as far as I know. P239s were always the "flat" style, I believe, and didn't seem to contribute to any reliability issues.

Shoot me an e-mail with your shipping info.

Posts: 2466 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm confused are there none? or you don't like the price. Two different issues. I certainly see some available.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11010 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
I’ve had to resort to eBay a time or two for these. Otherwise, I placed a back-order with Wolff that was ultimately fulfilled about two months later.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6695 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The bigger problem is just finding them. When I looked back at where I thought I saw the more expensive ones it was a kit that included a guide rod and I already have a nice one

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is some of the light blue wound US made Sig springs on Gunbroker'

Glad I picked up an extra dark blue German one last year, they are getting hard to find.

“Let us dare to read, think, speak and write.”

John Adams

Posts: 317 | Location: Land of 10000 Taxes | Registered: March 19, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:
The bigger problem is just finding them. When I looked back at where I thought I saw the more expensive ones it was a kit that included a guide rod and I already have a nice one

Am I missing something or did I not find it with easy fanfare at Wolff?

https://www.gunsprings.com/SIG...229/cID1/mID4/dID253

Posts: 22932 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Back in stock. I'm not sure about the price so I didn't pull the trigger yet.
https://www.midwayusa.com/prod...100437897?pid=375021

Posts: 7368 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post