SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Crooked trigger finger/Curved or flat trigger
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Crooked trigger finger/Curved or flat trigger Login/Join 
Picture of sigmoid
posted
So I'm getting some arthritis in my trigger finger, (right handed) and it is pronounced curve to the right.
What this means is; trigger placement has my finger riding low near the bottom of the trigger guard. I have a tendency to "pinch" on most pistols but the least on Sigs.

The Sig curved trigger feels best, but does anybody have a similar issue and if so, have you tried a flat trigger?

________,_____________________________
Guns don't kill people - Alec Baldwin kills people.

Posts: 1309 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
have you tried a flat trigger?

Flat triggers create the least amount of sight movement for my hand shape, resulting in more accuracy. I have them on all my P320's & I am in the process of converting my SA/DA P229's to Grayguns Flat triggers. Again, it depends on the person.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4277 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I have much the same problems with arthritis and finger curvature. That means unless I’m very careful about finger placement (that doesn’t work all that well when I’m in a hurry), the bottom front edge of strongly curved triggers poke into my finger.

I installed straight face triggers in a P320 and several SIG Classic line pistols and they were definite improvements. After the 320 was “upgraded,” I found the less curved factory trigger to be satisfactory and don’t plan to go back to a straight trigger in that pistol, but I will probably install one in another Classic or two.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47412 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
I have much the same problems with arthritis and finger curvature. That means unless I’m very careful about finger placement (that doesn’t work all that well when I’m in a hurry), the bottom front edge of strongly curved triggers poke into my finger.

I installed straight face triggers in a P320 and several SIG Classic line pistols and they were definite improvements. After the 320 was “upgraded,” I found the less curved factory trigger to be satisfactory and don’t plan to go back to a straight trigger in that pistol, but I will probably install one in another Classic or two.

Did you find muscle memory to be an issue?
On my P220 SAO’s it’s curved but different and I’m wondering about transitioning back and forth if I go to a flat trigger?
Thx

Posts: 1309 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmoid:
Did you find muscle memory to be an issue?
On my P220 SAO’s it’s curved but different and I’m wondering about transitioning back and forth if I go to a flat trigger?
Thx

No, I haven’t. I’m not positive why, but perhaps because the upgraded P320 triggers and the straight triggers are closer in form and feel. On the other hand, a number of years ago I found that the Classic line short reach triggers worked better for me than the (previous) standard, and they have very pronounced curves. I still shoot guns with the short reach triggers on occasion, but it may be something like transitioning between a rifle and a pistol or a pistol and a revolver: They are so different in feel that I don’t experience any confusion in operating them (mostly; I once smacked the bottom of a revolver grip when I had a failure to fire Wink ).

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47412 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
Nice
As usual, the forum brethren are ever faithful in helping me spend $$$ and making Bruce Gray smile... Smile

Appreciate the feedback guys! I'm gonna try a flat on my new 320C .45 as the "skinny" curved is kinda weird feeling.