SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Flat revolver RHINO REVOLVER 200D?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Flat revolver RHINO REVOLVER 200D? Login/Join 
posted
I was watching TV and saw someone shooting what looked like a flat revolver.

After googling around the closest revolver I could find was RHINO REVOLVER 200D.

Does anyone have any experience with one?

MSRP: $1,127.00 seems steep.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
more that single shot flat revolver?

Smith made a few variations of a single shot target pistol on a revolver frame,

and Colt made the Camp Perry Special, a single shot flat 'revolver' shaped pistol,

as far as Chiappa, not seen or handled any that seemed flat in any way

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10435 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was it this thing, the Thunderstruck?

Posts: 482 | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
"Chain" revolvers have been a thing before, it's basically a belt fed with individual chambers being advanced to the firing position.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Chai...iax=images&ia=images

Posts: 613 | Registered: December 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwilli
posted Hide Post
I think the revolver you are talking about is the Chiappa Rhino and is commonly seen in the TV show Covert Affairs. There are several configurations.
https://www.sportsmansguide.co...l-6-rounds?a=2144840

"And that the said Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the Press, or the rights of Conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms; …"
Samuel Adams

Posts: 126 | Location: Southern Missouri | Registered: November 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chiappa is the manufacturer, RHINO REVOLVER 200D is a smaller version of the one that was linked to.

Has anyone actually used or owned one?

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had an early 2 inch and currently have a 6 inch. The sides of the cylinder are flat, and the edges are all fairly sharply angled. The 6 inch was also featured in the most recent update of "Total Recall." The gun is patterned after the now extinct Mateba revolver, with the low bore axis. It has very little recoil, is very accurate, and best with full house 158 gr 357 magnum loads. I paid less than 900 bucks several years ago.

As an aside, I also have the Thunderstruck by Standard Manufacturing mentioned in this thread. It's kinda fun for a novelty gun.

Posts: 17151 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post