SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Transporting Pistol to Beretta Factory in MD
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Transporting Pistol to Beretta Factory in MD Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SSAreGreat:
Beretta Service Center in MD accepts walk-in

Good to know -- thanks.

Posts: 842 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FYI It is always good to call the BUSA service center in Accokeek, MD before going to ensure that they have the part needed. Most stock parts should be there but any custom part, e.g., oversized mag release button, must be ordered by the customer and taken in with firearm.

I found a FFL in Vienna, VA who does reasonable shipping, 25 or 35 USA, but decided to drive it in myself since it was quicker. I just stayed to the speed limit and had no problems.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Make sure your tail lights and turn signals are in working order and don't drive above the speed limit.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1554 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SSAreGreat:
quote:
Originally posted by molachi:
I recently shipped a firearm to CCR. My FFL shipped it for me through the USPS. Used a priority mail box. Cost was $7.90 (for box) plus insurance. Got delivered in 2 days. They didn't charge me any extra for doing it.

YMMV

That price is great. I am happy for you. FFL's in major metro area here charge $125 to $150.

you should find a new FFL. I'm in VA and neither of my local shops charge anything close to that.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's a sad story:

I ordered four Beretta sand-resistant mags last week, because of the Xmas sale.

Get this, I live in Fredericksburg and the Beretta distribution center is within eye-shot of my house if it weren't for some evergreen trees. I had not thought about that facility much...however...to my surprise the mags arrived and they were shipped from that warehouse (I could have just walked to the gate or they could have pitched those to me from over their fence).

Sad part: with Virginia going Liberal, it looks like all the hi-cap mags they Distribute from that warehouse will all be illegal. Perhaps they could move the location to West Virginia or the new "South Virginia" if we can split off from the Northern VA Democrats who spilled over from D.C.

Posts: 559 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They could move it to TN.

Posts: 17145 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post