Tools

P6 Mag $$$ Login/Join 
come and take it
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PCWyoming:
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
19 years ago, weren't LE trade-in P6s selling for around $300?

Yes. I bought mine for $280.00 from AIM around that time frame.

PC

I picked up one of the German Police Dept trade-ins from AIM back then. I saw this thread and thought I should pick up a couple extra mags. Now that I think about it, I don't think my P6 has been out of the safe in 15 years.

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1893 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The P225/6 is one of the most comfortable pistols for my hands. In a ban state, it would be a fantastic carry piece. But in a free state, you can find a number of micro compacts that are smaller, almost as comfortable, and with nearly double (if not double) the capacity.

P220 (.45)
P225
P226 (9mm)
P228
P229 (.40)
P365
SP2022 (9mm & .40)

"...it's better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it." - Clarence Worley in True Romance

Posts: 379 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SigSentry Nice combo of German Police P-6 Akah concealment holster and mag pouches

Posts: 187 | Registered: December 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pizza Bob
posted Hide Post
I found three in the "what do these mags fit" box at the LGS. Bought all three for $10 each.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 1451 | Location: Central NJ | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pizza Bob:
I found three in the "what do these mags fit" box at the LGS. Bought all three for $10 each.

Me too, found one marked P6 at the gunshop on Hwy 17 just N of Fredericksburg, VA, for $10. I now check the mag box in every LGS I enter!

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1859 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rawny:
quote:
Originally posted by Andy1972:
I have a ProMag brand for the P6, anyone need one for your P6? I can ship to you for free, you paid maybe $10 for the USPS shipping cost.

I have a P225. Do I qualify?

Yes, Please contact me at my email, I have no use for it and happy to see someone use it. Regards.

Posts: 231 | Registered: September 23, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
19 years ago, weren't LE trade-in P6s selling for around $300?

19 years ago, N.I.B. P225's were selling for $400 at gun shows.

Posts: 6631 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I couldn't find the mag that I was offer for the P6. I am sorry & apologize to everyone that interested.
quote:
Originally posted by Andy1972:
I have a ProMag brand for the P6, anyone need one for your P6? I can ship to you for free, you paid maybe $10 for the USPS shipping cost.

Posts: 231 | Registered: September 23, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eclayton
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
I love Sig Sauers guns but I hate Sig Sauers obvious money grabs and lack of legacy support.

None more than when they realized there was a market for the P225 and so they released the P225A1 with an incompatible magazine.

Meanwhile the mags that came with the Gen 5 G19 I bought last year work perfectly in the Gen 3 G19 I bought about 15 years ago, and the mags from my Beretta M9A4 work perfectly in the 92fs I bought 20 years ago.

Yes, when they announced the P225A1, I thought “Oh, good, they’ll start offering OEM P225 magazines again.” Designing the P225A1 with a unique magazine that was compatible with nothing else in their catalog was a d*** move I didn’t see coming, even from SIG Sauer.

You are describing one reason why I eventually benched all of my SIGs except the P365, and switched to Glocks for almost everything.

Posts: 312 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: October 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
I love Sig Sauers guns but I hate Sig Sauers obvious money grabs and lack of legacy support.

For the win.

The above sums up my entire experience and explains why I no longer own any Sigs.

It's a basic stamped steel magazine, similar in design to the 1911. I agree that $60 is relatively affordable considering what they're bringing today, but ridiculously over-priced in general.

Everyone's opinion: When the flood of P6s first came stateside they were a bargain. For $395 at almost any LGS, you got a real steel police trade-in pistol, and usually two mags. They were an incredible value at those prices, and several carried them.

Strictly my personal opinion: At current pricing, they're overweight, under-capacity safe queens and/or examples of the "wonders" people can do with ceracote. Roll Eyes

Posts: 10761 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post