Tools

P6 Mag $$$ Login/Join 
come and take it
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PCWyoming:
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
19 years ago, weren't LE trade-in P6s selling for around $300?

Yes. I bought mine for $280.00 from AIM around that time frame.

PC

I picked up one of the German Police Dept trade-ins from AIM back then. I saw this thread and thought I should pick up a couple extra mags. Now that I think about it, I don't think my P6 has been out of the safe in 15 years.

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1892 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The P225/6 is one of the most comfortable pistols for my hands. In a ban state, it would be a fantastic carry piece. But in a free state, you can find a number of micro compacts that are smaller, almost as comfortable, and with nearly double (if not double) the capacity.

P220 (.45)
P225
P226 (9mm)
P228
P229 (.40)
P365
P6
SP2022 (9mm & .40)

"...it's better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it." - Clarence Worley in True Romance

Posts: 375 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SigSentry Nice combo of German Police P-6 Akah concealment holster and mag pouches

Posts: 186 | Registered: December 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pizza Bob
posted Hide Post
I found three in the "what do these mags fit" box at the LGS. Bought all three for $10 each.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 1450 | Location: Central NJ | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pizza Bob:
I found three in the "what do these mags fit" box at the LGS. Bought all three for $10 each.

Me too, found one marked P6 at the gunshop on Hwy 17 just N of Fredericksburg, VA, for $10. I now check the mag box in every LGS I enter!

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1859 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rawny:
quote:
Originally posted by Andy1972:
I have a ProMag brand for the P6, anyone need one for your P6? I can ship to you for free, you paid maybe $10 for the USPS shipping cost.

I have a P225. Do I qualify?

Yes, Please contact me at my email, I have no use for it and happy to see someone use it. Regards.

Posts: 226 | Registered: September 23, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
19 years ago, weren't LE trade-in P6s selling for around $300?

19 years ago, N.I.B. P225's were selling for $400 at gun shows.

Posts: 6623 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I couldn't find the mag that I was offer for the P6. I am sorry & apologize to everyone that interested.
quote:
Originally posted by Andy1972:
I have a ProMag brand for the P6, anyone need one for your P6? I can ship to you for free, you paid maybe $10 for the USPS shipping cost.

Posts: 226 | Registered: September 23, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eclayton
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
I love Sig Sauers guns but I hate Sig Sauers obvious money grabs and lack of legacy support.

None more than when they realized there was a market for the P225 and so they released the P225A1 with an incompatible magazine.

Meanwhile the mags that came with the Gen 5 G19 I bought last year work perfectly in the Gen 3 G19 I bought about 15 years ago, and the mags from my Beretta M9A4 work perfectly in the 92fs I bought 20 years ago.

Yes, when they announced the P225A1, I thought “Oh, good, they’ll start offering OEM P225 magazines again.” Designing the P225A1 with a unique magazine that was compatible with nothing else in their catalog was a d*** move I didn’t see coming, even from SIG Sauer.

You are describing one reason why I eventually benched all of my SIGs except the P365, and switched to Glocks for almost everything.

Posts: 312 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: October 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
I love Sig Sauers guns but I hate Sig Sauers obvious money grabs and lack of legacy support.

For the win.

The above sums up my entire experience and explains why I no longer own any Sigs.

It's a basic stamped steel magazine, similar in design to the 1911. I agree that $60 is relatively affordable considering what they're bringing today, but ridiculously over-priced in general.

Everyone's opinion: When the flood of P6s first came stateside they were a bargain. For $395 at almost any LGS, you got a real steel police trade-in pistol, and usually two mags. They were an incredible value at those prices, and several carried them.

Strictly my personal opinion: At current pricing, they're overweight, under-capacity safe queens and/or examples of the "wonders" people can do with ceracote. Roll Eyes

Posts: 10754 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post