SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Aftermarket triggers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Aftermarket triggers Login/Join 
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted
What are y’all’s thoughts on installing aftermarket triggers on carry pistols?

Posts: 1773 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by techguy:
What are y’all’s thoughts on installing aftermarket triggers on carry pistols?

My daily carry and nightstand guns have aftermarket triggers.

Posts: 181 | Location: NEPA | Registered: March 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Go for it

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glock triggers often sting my fingers, the safety tab is not flush with the trigger surface and I hate the serrations. I replace them with Polydat triggers.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16100 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Just had this conversation yesterday, aquaintance feels trigger upgrades, dot sights etc etc are all unneeded, since if you need to use your CCW it's be up close point shooting.

My reply is I have several "carry guns", and I've fired many many thousands of rounds through them, none of which were fired in a CCW situation. So I want my guns to work as well as possible how I actually use them, rather than dwell on a situation that will in all likelihood never happen. If all you ever do with it is shoot for fun / practice / training, then that's what its real job is, you can't argue with the numbers. Wink

If its does happen, I'll shoot better with my better trigger. I'll shoot "safer"(hitting the intended target and not bystanders) with my better trigger.

(My only addendum would be yeah, if you have a gun with a 2lb trigger pull and you accidentally shoot someone, or shoot someone you shouldn't have and claim the gun made you do it, then yeah, you're in trouble.)

Posts: 21106 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I put a Harrison Design short trigger in my DW Vbob. I carry that piece often.

Posts: 88 | Location: NEPA | Registered: February 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you feel that the factory trigger can and/or should be better, then why not upgrade?

-MG

Posts: 2001 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have changed out most triggers or at least spring kits on my pistols and revolvers. If it makes me a better shooter on a gun I’ll try it.

One cautionary note is that I was shooting at a range today and a guy shooting a highly modded AR 10 had a very obvious doulbe tap. I heard it, but didn’t see it happen. Had that been in the middle of an incident on the street, that second round could have been major trouble. The key is knowing your resets on your triggers and training to them. You could easily snap a round off before you intended to pull the trigger if you’re riding the reset on a light trigger.

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
Glocks were our duty guns, so I got used to those over the years. I've always loved 1911 triggers, and never had a problem with most Sig DA/SA triggers.

The only trigger I changed was the short reach on the M11-A1. It seemed OK in the gun shop, but I absolutely could not live with that thing, and replaced it after the first range trip with a Bruce Grey adjustable.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If using top quality products like grayguns, heck yeah

Posts: 636 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Depends:

1) I would not put in a competition trigger/spring kit. Besides legal liability and potential ND under stress I have never liked overly light trigger pulls for any purpose.

2) There are a number of good duty style triggers out there for many guns. My experience has been they may slightly (1/4-1/2lb) lighten the pull but it is more a function of geometry than lighter springs. Example is the original P320 GGI PELT trigger that came with a lighter trigger return spring. I chose to use it with the stock spring.

3) Sometimes there are benefits to an aftermarket trigger other than pull weight. The Overwatch Polydat is installed on my G19 carry guns. I always had an issue with Glocks due to the trigger shape. Only pistol in 50 years I had the problem with. The Overwatch corrected it.

4) Even with a mediocre trigger, I will first try to adjust to it with good/better fundamentals. Many SD shooters get too hung up on the "perfect" trigger. While my Wilson 1911 has the "perfect" trigger, I don't demand it on my other pistols.

Bottom line is I have no issues with aftermarket generally. However, I stay away for overly light competition style triggers. Having said that, it's a personal choice. No skin off my nose if somebody else carries a gun with a 2 1/2 lb trigger.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Apex is on my SW Shield.
I very rarely like any factory trigger and almost always do something to them.
Sometimes a minor polishing and sometimes complete replacement.
A couple exceptions: my Sig P226S X5 and my CS Shadow 2.
Also some of my HK USP's already have a Match Trigger (Expert, Elite, Tac).
Holy shit the CZ is spectacular.
I am one that scrutinizes a trigger.

Posts: 22921 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
My reply is I have several "carry guns", and I've fired many many thousands of rounds through them, none of which were fired in a CCW situation. So I want my guns to work as well as possible how I actually use them, rather than dwell on a situation that will in all likelihood never happen.

I agree with that, except it is wise to invest some training to the most likely defense situations like draw from concealment, use of cover etc. That said, "A fight will never go as you planed" which as I recall was said or used as a tag line by a member here some years ago and it stuck with me.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My carry is currently a P320 with a Grayguns hybrid trigger.

Posts: 7020 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a couple but I won't use any that change the length or weight of the pull. Sometimes all you need is the right trigger shoe. They can make a world of difference.

Posts: 6891 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post