Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Taurus 856 Login/Join 
Picture of CQB60
posted
I bought a Taurus 856 from a member at my local range. Stop right there. I know what you’re thinking and you might be right. For $200. I’ve had Taurus model 85’s in the past that disappointed me. I put 200 rds through it today and it didn’t suck. Actually grouped pretty good from both 7 & 10 yards. Put another *25rds of +P through it. I liked the new style grips and the 6 rd capacity from a small wheel gun. I’m hoping that since Taurus cut its warranty to 1 year indicates they have there QA togetherWink

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
I’ve had a stainless Model 85 for probably more than 20 years. It’s a great little gun. Only had one issue, a broken firing pin spring, which the company fixed in short order. I for one like Taurus, though not every model. They get a hard time from many, but they’re not all bad. They’re not all good, either, but they’re trying pretty hard and innovating. Sometimes they come up with something cool, sometimes not so much.

I remember when Toyotas all sucked with about 1 in 10 worth a damn; that was in the early ‘70’s, and look at them now! My folks bought a brand new 1970 Corona that was one of the good ones, luckily. Then later we had a 1976 Corolla wagon that was also a good little car; I learned to drive in it in 1979.

I wish more people would give Taurus a fair shake. Good luck with your new-to-you Taurus!

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1680 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I currently own three(3) Taurus revolvers...all big bore guns. I would not sell a one of them. In fact, my Ti framed snubby in 45LC is going to the range very shortly. Congrats on your purchase....I hope it pleases you.

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post