SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Seeking recommendations for holsters and streamlight model for P226 Legion SAO RXP
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Seeking recommendations for holsters and streamlight model for P226 Legion SAO RXP Login/Join 
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted
I'm asking in advance of hopefully Thanksgiving specials that I can jump on.

First, I tried looking at several holster websites and not many has "P226 Legion SAO RXP" as a model. I'm thinking holsters for "P226 Railed" should fit but the complication is that it has a safety instead of a decocker.

Second, I'd like to get a Streamlight but looking at their website, nothing says which lights would fit. I'm set on the brand as I don't want to pay for Surefire and I don't want Olight.

Lastly, I would like to IWB and OWB holsters with and without the weapon light so that's 4 holsters I plan to get. I would rather not get leather but I suppose I'll have to settle if that's all that's available.

Thanks in advance.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19646 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Streamlight TLR-1 HL is probably your best bet on a full-size gun like that. For the most part, any P226+TLR-1 HL holster should be fine EXCEPT that some of them may be molded such that the safeties will interfere.

Posts: 5161 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had the same issue looking for a 226 holster that would hold a light and also a red dot on the new Pro cut slides. I went with a rig from Legacy firearms where they do a custom Kydex holster build. It took about 2 months but worked great. They have a few options on light models too. I went with the TLR1-HL because it seemed like there were more options out there for it. I did have a safairland ALS for my 226 but it wouldn't fit because of the threaded barrel. I even got the adapter for the threaded barrel and it still didn't work which was a major disappointment for the price. I can still use it with the normal barrel but still not as I would like it.

Posts: 12 | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
These folks list an OWB Antero model holster for a 226 Legion SAO no light. It should fit with an optic as well, but they are very good to talk to if needed. They may be able to make one for the light. From phots I’ve seen it appears the sweat guard would cover the safety.

https://www.lsholster.com/ante...ol-holster/#features

I like their stuff.

ANR Designs is also another option but it’d need a call to check safety coverage. A note on them, a non light holster will probably leave 1/16” of the muzzle sticking out the end of the holster, so you may to ask or order for a threaded barrel.

PhHolster has a Floodlight series that will work with the TRL-1 light but no safety shield.

Just some ideas, I have several LS Holsters, a couple ANR Designs and will be order a Floodlight for a universal holster.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post