SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P239: Where to find a 357SIG barrel?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P239: Where to find a 357SIG barrel? Login/Join 
posted
I bought a P239 in .40 and was interested in running a .357SIG barrel in it.

I couldn't find the thread, but someone had recently mentioned they called Sig and ordered a P239 357SIG conversion barrel directly from them.

I just called Sig however, and they said they don't have any in stock.

Was wondering: What's a reasonable price for a 357SIG barrel, and where might I be able to find one?

Posts: 7 | Registered: March 22, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I think Sig has discontinued making those barrels.
You might be able to get one from Bar-Sto, but it might require some fitting.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16522 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Post a wtb ad here, one might turn up. Midwest gun works also occasionally has some 239 357 items as well. Good luck, I love my 239’s in 357.

Posts: 1628 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:

Thanks Waterbury - do you know if the BarSto barrels are as accurate as the factory Sig barrels? (or as durable?)

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 94hokie:
Post a wtb ad here, one might turn up. Midwest gun works also occasionally has some 239 357 items as well. Good luck, I love my 239’s in 357.

Good idea, thanks will do

Sig P238

The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigsag1:
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:

Thanks Waterbury - do you know if the BarSto barrels are as accurate as the factory Sig barrels? (or as durable?)
BarSto barrels are easily more accurate than Factory Barrels

It is hard to comment on durability as I have never worn out a BarSto barrel or a Factory barrels

BTW I think the P239 and 357SIG are a match made in heaven.

I own several P239s that I carry and shoot on a regular basis. All of mine are chambered in 357SIG

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Get the Bar sto 9mm barrel too. When the 239 was my edc, I’d take it to the range and run the hot 135gr 40 rounds. Then +P 9mm hollow points, finishing with a box of 357sig. 3 calibers out of that thing was really nice.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12642 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
Get the Bar sto 9mm barrel too. When the 239 was my edc, I’d take it to the range and run the hot 135gr 40 rounds. Then +P 9mm hollow points, finishing with a box of 357sig. 3 calibers out of that thing was really nice.

And you can do it all w/ just a .40 mag and no spring change. I think I have 100+ 9mm rnds w/ no failures which is good enough for the range.

Posts: 7360 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
All three barrels is a nice piece of kit.

Posts: 3522 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried for months to buy a .357 barrel, could not find one. Have a saved search on Gunbroker, none showed up. Bar-Sto is your best bet.

-c1steve

Posts: 4055 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
Unobtanium except by chance. I actually considered buying a whole P239 just for the barrel (swap a .40S&W in to resell the gun, because they seem to be ever-so-slightly more common.)

I'd prefer OEM, but might be going with the Bar-Sto.

Posts: 2466 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post