SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Astonishing private service handgun collection for sale...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Astonishing private service handgun collection for sale... Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
He liked Lugers and Mausers, didn't he?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cxm:
They have to obscure them... display of the swastika is illegal, though it does not have to be removed from historic collections.
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
Amazing collection! Even more amazing was that on pages 349-353 (and elsewhere) they felt the need to obscure the Nazi Swastika logos... Roll Eyes

Well that figures...At least when you ignore and/or erase history, it's like it didn't even happen! Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8877 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
#2444 Steyr Mod. 1911, Chile (p. 373)

1911? That is not a 1911. That is some hideous shit right there.

Year V

Posts: 2631 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A magnificent accumulation of (mainly) smokeless powder military pistols!

However, it seemed to be lacking 1904 Model German Navy's and "conehammer" C96 Mauser broomhandles.
Possibly, my eyes glazed over after viewing several hundred pages of pristine collectible handguns
and I missed a few!

Still, a collection of firearms paralleling Jay Leno's auto collection in scope/ value/ historical significance.

------------------------------------------------------------
"I have resolved to fight as long as Marse Robert has a corporal's guard, or until he says give up. He is the man I shall follow or die in the attempt."

Feb. 27, 1865 Letter by Sgt. Henry P. Fortson 'B' Co. 31st GA Vol. Inf.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Coastal NC | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
I always hate to see collections like that broken up. That is someones labor of love and that is something I appreciate as much as the items in it.

Posts: 3572 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looked through the catalogue again. It truly is an amazing collection.

Just imagine the time you would need to take care of it too - it would be almost a full-time job in itself!

Posts: 154 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: December 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
#2444 Steyr Mod. 1911, Chile (p. 373)

1911? That is not a 1911. That is some hideous shit right there.

The designation of the pistol is correct. It is a Steyr Model 1911. 5000 of these pistols were delivered to Chile under a closed contract and introduced there as Steyr 1912. The Steyr factory designation for this pistol was Model 1911. The Steyr Model 1912 is a further development and is recognizable by the different design of the front sight, hammer and safety.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: OTD,

Posts: 3775 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's good to see you back, OTD.

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
^thanks Smile

Posts: 3775 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post