SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Just bought an P210 ( american)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just bought an P210 ( american) Login/Join 
posted
Hi!
Just this Sunday, I stumbled across a new P210 that was on sale. I was weak .... and bought it! I just shot it today and I'm thinking that this is going to become one of my favorites!!

Question: I was surprised about a half dozen times, as the light trigger is keeping me on my toes. Still hit the target (safe direction) but it still worries me a bit. Has anyone ever tried to increase the trigger pull weight, just a bit? Right now, it's measures about 2.75# and I think that I would like to have it about a pound heavier.
Suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Any other advice in the feeding and care of a P210 would also be appreciated!

Thanks in advance ! Mike

Posts: 1264 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mike, I have the same issue with one of mine. I don't mind the overall weight of the trigger but the wall for the second stage is so light on one of them its easy unless your careful to pull right thru it.

Don't have any suggestions but would be interested for any info too about trigger adjustment if its out there.

Great guns and a joy to shoot.

Posts: 245 | Location: SW,MI | Registered: July 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by McGregor:
Mike, I have the same issue with one of mine. I don't mind the overall weight of the trigger but the wall for the second stage is so light on one of them its easy unless your careful to pull right thru it.

I am wondering if the Sig might share the same mainspring (aka hammer spring) as some of the other P model Sigs, such as 220,225,P6,239. These are all single stack, metal frame, 9mm, hammer fired Sigs. If that were the case, installing a slightly stronger mainspring might help ??? Maybe a small "shim" between the spring and the small "nut" on the hammer strut.
I haven't looked at a schematic for the 210 yet, so this is all just conjecture at this point.

Posts: 1264 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
I did, here's a link to the post a few years ago.
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...970056574#3970056574

Posts: 3536 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GCE61:
I did, here's a link to the post a few years ago.
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...970056574#3970056574

Many, many thanks! :- )) This is just the kind of info that I was hoping for.

Are you still satisfied with the results?

Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mike28w:
[QUOTE}

Are you still satisfied with the results?

Yes I am, I shoot the pistol in action matches all the time and the trigger is perfect for me.
If you’d like to talk about it on the phone I could probably give you a couple of tips, shoot me an email if interested.

posted Hide Post
GCE61 would you mind if I sent an email also? Interested in any info on the sear cam adjustment screws and how it affects the wall between the first and second stages.
Thanks

Posts: 245 | Location: SW,MI | Registered: July 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by McGregor:
GCE61 would you mind if I sent an email also? Interested in any info on the sear cam adjustment screws and how it affects the wall between the first and second stages.
Thanks

Certainly, please do

posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlLUc2DN7Dg

Hi guys, I think I made a link to this youtube video that shows how to adjust the trigger pull. I found it helpful.

If I'm not supposed to do this, please delete or let me know !!

Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mike28w:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlLUc2DN7Dg

Hi guys, I think I made a link to this youtube video that shows how to adjust the trigger pull. I found it helpful.

If I'm not supposed to do this, please delete or let me know !!

I've seen that, he does some nice disassembly vids on the P210.

He mentions turning in the retaining nut for the hammer mainspring, which does increase the trigger pull to a point.

He also touches on the sear cam screw, and the effect it has on the "wall".
There is a small set screw on the bottom of the hammer box assembly which maintains the sear cam screw position.
Loosening that set screw allow the sear cam screw to be adjusted. Be cautious, once you loosen the set screw the sear cam screw is not retained and can slide out the right side.
The sear cam screw has a little "pointed" tab on it like the hour hand of a clock. It gives a reference point for your adjustment.

On my hammer box when I originally pulled it out the sear cam screw indicator was in the 8:30 position. I adjusted it slightly clockwise to the 9:30 position, that's all it took.
I made sure that the sear cam screw stayed flush with the hammer box (didn't slip out), then tightened the set screw.

So with that adjustment made, and turning the hammer spring nut up 3 or 4 turns it gave me the "wall" and pull I described in the original post.

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the details. Those kinds of details are priceless !! Smilemike

posted Hide Post
Thanks to GCE61 for sharing his information. It helped me get the wall on mine adjusted so it feels safe now.

posted Hide Post
Thanks again to GCE61 !
This afternoon, I tightened the hammer spring "nut" by 1/2 turn and advanced the sear "cam screw" from about the 7:00 position to about the 8:30 position. Much better trigger !! More obvious wall and slightly heavier trigger pull. I may increase this a little bit more but will try this first !! Big Grin mike