SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I Bought The Manual Safety Kit For My P365 (Now With Upgrades)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Bought The Manual Safety Kit For My P365 (Now With Upgrades) Login/Join 
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted
Without safety trigger like my Glock has, I just want a manual safety just my own peace of mind. The trigger on the Sig is so light, I don't want to risk setting it off pulling it from the holster.

I tried to purchase it straight from Sig's website, but all it would do is error out.

Very irritating.

So I found it at OSG. Their website actually worked.

Anyways I thought I had to purchase a new grip module, but OSG has this jig you can just cut the frame to make it fit. I watched someone on Youtube using it. Saves me another $60 minus the $8.00 jig.

I'll post up the upgrade when it all comes in.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mars_Attacks,

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34112 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I bought mine several months ago but bought another grip module. My memory says it was more like $50 where I got mine plus the safety itself.

My reasoning is that if I liked the safety version I could resell the unused non-safety version for maybe $10 less and the net cost to me would be almost the same.

I like it, but have also put the Hogue grip on because I have long fingers and the grip was a bit small for my liking.

Posts: 9499 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
I bought mine several months ago but bought another grip module. My memory says it was more like $50 where I got mine plus the safety itself.

My reasoning is that if I liked the safety version I could resell the unused non-safety version for maybe $10 less and the net cost to me would be almost the same.

I like it, but have also put the Hogue grip on because I have long fingers and the grip was a bit small for my liking.

The Hogue backstrap sleeve is a big improvement for me as far as trigger reach goes. It really works well with the Sig grip modules.

I have 2 standard P365s that I bought manual safeties for and I also got a regular and an X grip frame for them with the safety cuts. I carry the regular one for pocket and IWB and the X for OWB.

Posts: 329 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really like the manual safety on these. I added them on nearly every one of mine. Now that Macro grip modules are available I will pull out my dremel and make a notch and add the MS on the Macro as well.

Posts: 7469 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When you buy another "grip module", is that considered a new frame which requires a separate registration and trip to the FFL dealer for purchase?

If I were to buy one of these, I'd opt for the P365X with manual safety. Wish my Glock 43X had one too to be honest.

Posts: 2010 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kaschi:
When you buy another "grip module", is that considered a new frame which requires a separate registration and trip to the FFL dealer for purchase?

No

The grip housing is a plastic shell.

The FCU is the actual firearm.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
Without safety trigger like my Glock has, I just want a manual safety just my own peace of mind. The trigger on the Sig is so light, I don't want to risk setting it off pulling it from the holster.

I tried to purchase it straight from Sig's website, but all it would do is error out.

Very irritating.

So I found it at OSG. Their website actually worked.

Anyways I thought I had to purchase a new grip module, but OSG has this jig you can just cut the frame to make it fit. I watched someone on Youtube using it. Saves me another $60 minus the $8.00 jig.

I'll post up the upgrade when it all comes in.
If you look at a Manual Safety frame and use a Dremel/file, etc. it is simple to adapt your current grip module.

Posts: 111 | Location: Alabama | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I ordered the jig to make it neat and tidy.

I have several standard modules and it's worth it to convert them.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Posts: 34112 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
Can one run a grip module with the safety cut out, without the safety?

Thinking about buying the WC XL module, but wanted the option to run it without the safety.

TIA.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:

Thinking about buying the WC XL module, but wanted the option to run it without the safety.

TIA.

I don't think you'd have a problem with it functioning but that's just a way to get some dirt into the internals with that hole in the side.

Posts: 9499 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:

TIA.

I don't think you'd have a problem with it functioning but that's just a way to get some dirt into the internals with that hole in the side.

Thank you Sir..

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
For anyone running a Sig P365, the Wilson Combat frame is a 100% improvement. So far, the only one that doesn't have an option for a manual safety is the P365 Macro which just came out. Give them some time and they'll update that into something incredible.

Posts: 4157 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
For anyone running a Sig P365, the Wilson Combat frame is a 100% improvement. So far, the only one that doesn't have an option for a manual safety is the P365 Macro which just came out. Give them some time and they'll update that into something incredible.

Speculation, but since the Macro isn't offered with a safety, this might encourage WC to only offer the non safety version on their aftermarket Macro frames when and if they come out.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Does that company make an douche pedal for the P365?

Lord knows I need that wart added to my micro sized carry weapon.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
<snip>

“douche pedal”? That’s some secret P365-speak?

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8941 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
quote:
<snip>

“douche pedal”? That’s some secret P365-speak?

See the gas pedal thread.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
First insert jig and cut frame.

Install the safety then spring, followed by the detent.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

posted Hide Post
I just bought a jig for cutting it in my Macro. Hope it works if not I burned 9 bucks. Lol

Posts: 7469 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Use a router side cutting dremel bit and work slowly.

It took me all of 20 seconds per side.

Then a few seconds to clean up the cuts.

If you are wanting to have the safety upgrade, it's stupid easy to install. The safety sits unobtrusively at the rear of the fame akin to a 1911 safety.

Marzy gives it 5 out of 5 AAKS.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

posted Hide Post
I just installed the Sig safety on my 365 macro. It
was not as easy as the installation on my other 365's due to the great thickness of the macro's polycarbonate frame. Following about 2 hours of careful filing to reduce the frame width, the paddles on the safety were able to move. It now
works! Good Luck!

Posts: 248 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: November 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post