SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Braced scorpion vs sling
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Braced scorpion vs sling Login/Join 
posted
I picked up a Scorpion Evo pistol and it currently has the sbtbrace (b&t style) on it. I've considered swapping the folding sbtbrace for a Tailhook or pdw brace but I've also considered just running it with a 1 pt sling on the endcap/buttplate and punching it out using sling tension to "brace" it ala the Mp5k.

Any thoughts on brace v. sling?

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Any sort of stock will be far better than just a sling.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't do the single point. Even your current brace out classes it.

Posts: 442 | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Not only will the brace be more stable, it also allows for a more consistent head placement/sight picture.

A sling is better than no stock (or brace). But a stock (or brace) is better than a sling.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Any sort of stock will be far better than just a sling.

This. The outstretched sling method has a place, but any brace is 100x better.

Posts: 5160 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
The only thing the use of the stretched sling might do is make transporting the assembly in a case a little tidier/smaller package and as a consequence less an encumbrance.

Great I suppose if you think that you've got some kinda covert thingy going on. For the rest: don't think so. That rigid device makes a big difference, even if you were only cheeking it.

B-R-A-C-E (period) (end of story)

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I have the sbt on mine as well as dual qd’s for single or dual mounting my sling. Very nice combination, especially if you have a light weight can.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cool thanks for the feedback. I dont picture this being anything but a great toy but just looking the options over.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anubismp:
Cool thanks for the feedback. I dont picture this being anything but a great toy but just looking the options over.

http://www.parkermountainmachi...QD__Sling_Mount.html

They make a front QD also. Very easy to install.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:
Originally posted by Anubismp:

http://www.parkermountainmachi...QD__Sling_Mount.html

They make a front QD also. Very easy to install.

I have this PMM QD mount. The mount itself is great but that little ring in the receiver of the Scorpion that it uses is kind of fragile. I dont know how I did it but I broke it off. Just to be clear I broke the plastic part of the receiver and not the PMM mount. Just said a few bad words and dremeled the broken part of the receiver flush so there wasn’t any jagged plastic and moved on.

Anyway, with a brace on it the Scorpion is pretty fun to shoot and accurate as well. I just put one of those CZPDW braces on mine from SB Tactical and it appears to have a QD receptacle on it to replace the one I broke. I’ve fired thousands of rounds through my Scorpion and have enough trigger time on it to trust it as a defensive weapon and not just a toy.

Posts: 478 | Location: Arizona | Registered: February 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How do you like the pdw brace vs some of the other kinds? Obviously it's not a stock but is it pretty solid?