SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Anyone convert their 365 to XL?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone convert their 365 to XL? Login/Join 
posted
I feel like my 365 is nearly perfect except for the grip: I have pretty large hands.

To resolve this, I just ordered the Xl module for the 365 and I also bought a couple of 12 round mags. I was wondering if any forum members have also made the conversion? If so, any problems?

Posts: 393 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted Hide Post
Isn’t that a 365x? Short slide, full grip. Since it is a production model and the FCU is designed to be interchangeable, you should not have any issues. I have changed grips on my 365, just never to the XL size.

Posts: 1355 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Yes, that’s a P365X. The XL is the larger grip and longer upper assembly.

I had a P365 and a P365XL that I played with multiple configurations switching uppers and grips. All of the combinations I tried through the guns were 100% reliable with various ammo types.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did that too. Best configuration, IMO. I have smaller pistols for pocket carry. The 365X makes a perfect subcompact for belt carry.

Posts: 840 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
That's exactly what I did to mine. The longer grip length and extended beavertail of the XL grip was just what my big monkey paws needed.

The only "problem" is that it renders your P365 a bit large for pocket carry, if that's a concern. Otherwise, it's a great move.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup I did it. I ended up buying the gray guns stipples version is the only difference. They are pricey but noticeably better.

I agree with the above that the 365X configuration is the best.

I still keep the small grip and 10 round (12 with magguts) for certain scenarios. Smaller is better, sometimes.

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigLaw:
Isn’t that a 365x? Short slide, full grip. Since it is a production model and the FCU is designed to be interchangeable, you should not have any issues. I have changed grips on my 365, just never to the XL size.

Yes that would make it a 365X but keep in mind when I bought my 365 there was no X OR XL. I watched a few videos and the interchange seems simple enough.

Posts: 393 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If we are being technical and a little anal, its not a true X because all the X's are optic ready cut. Its certainly X proportions though and I like it.

I just bought a GCode Incog Eclipse for mine and it is a perfect little package.

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
I had two 365's and bought a pair of XLs the second I shot one.

I can't comment on converting but I can tell you my remaining 365 sits neglected in the safe and my XLs are carried/trained on regularly.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I put an X grip module on my P365 and its great. Never had any issues with it. Sometimes I wish it was optic cut, but then again I dont really need an optic on my carry gun

Posts: 1299 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I bought the GGI laser sculpted grip module for my son’s 365 because he wanted it for his large hands. I liked it so much that I ordered one for myself as well. We carry IWB and do not find the grip to be much more difficult to conceal.

Posts: 2932 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of handlebar
posted Hide Post
I have the basic P365, I simply added a 12 round mag to extend the grip. this way I can have a longer grip or a shorter grip for the cost of the mag. this was the most inexpensive way to get the X style of the 365.

Posts: 102 | Location: Boca Raton, FL | Registered: October 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by handlebar:
I have the basic P365, I simply added a 12 round mag to extend the grip. this way I can have a longer grip or a shorter grip for the cost of the mag. this was the most inexpensive way to get the X style of the 365.

Same here!

Posts: 710 | Registered: November 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I sold an X model and went to the smaller one to accompany an XL RZ version I have.

Being unable to pocket carry it any longer *and* having the shorter slide is a terrible compromise, IMO. Just get the XL if you want the bigger grip. I think the X version is a goofy combination, in practice.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
That's exactly what I did to mine. The longer grip length and extended beavertail of the XL grip was just what my big monkey paws needed.

The only "problem" is that it renders your P365 a bit large for pocket carry, if that's a concern. Otherwise, it's a great move.

I did this as well. Also ordered a flat trigger and had it installed at LGS. I will switch back to the standard grip module in summer for easy pocket carry

Posts: 263 | Registered: January 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by handlebar:

I think I will do this when I get my wife a 365.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I did complete the conversion and I must say I love the feel and the purchase of the grip on the now X