SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Very Late to the party about P365.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Very Late to the party about P365. Login/Join 
posted
I am sure this has been talked about for some time but have decided to try out this CCW. Had a Hellcat and really hated it. How does the 365 compare to the Shield. Trigger and handling.

Posts: 208 | Location: Littleton, Co. USA | Registered: August 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No comparison to me. I sold my Shield, giving my G43 to my nephew, and now have multiples of the 365.

I prefer the trigger and especially the handling of the 365 over both Shield and G43 variants. Only advantage of Shield is price.

I sometimes carry appendix and so my 365’s are the manual safety versions. I prefer a safety on striker guns next to my nuts. It’s a training issue which I have embraced completely. The manual safety on the Shield was ludicrously sized.

Posts: 7469 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got rid of my Sheild and then my SCCY a couple years ago and gave-up on mini-nines. The grips weren't right for me and the recoil was too harsh for my arthritis. Get to a shop and hold a 365. It's all different. The smaller grip makes it easy to hold fast and control. I chose the P365X because of the slightly longer grip for a secure hold, if you haven't tried a flat trigger, you need to some day because that's the second reason. It is also optic ready just in case and comes with night sights. Finally, the 365 had a rocky start, a very rocky start. The X-series is the latest and to me, the best chance of getting a primo weapon that works. I haven't looked back.

Posts: 259 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: January 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
You owe it to yourself to check out the P365XL as well if you're not going to pocket carry it. Everyone who has tried my P365 alongside the XL models I have prefers the shooting characteristics of the bigger gun, and it's REALLY not much bigger.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5542 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I had a hellcat, currently have a Shield, Shield Plus, P365's and P365XL's and the Sig P365 series gun are superior in my opinion.

I am a fan of the Shield Plus so far (much better trigger than the original Shield) but its too big for pocket carry while the P365 isn't.

I also wasn't a fan of the Hellcat, had it for a month and sold it off.

The P365XL is my favorite of all of them and is my daily carry gun.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Just bought a 365x Romeo Zero.

Ran a couple boxes through it Thursday and found the recoil wasn't bad at all, and the accuracy was great.

And you've got to love the 12 round magazines.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I have the Shield 2.0, the Shield Plus, and a Sig P365. Ergonomics and ease of carry go to the Sig, but for the trigger it is the Shield Plus by a wide margin. My Shield 2.0 also has a better trigger than the Sig. Matter of fact the P365 trigger I have is the worst striker fired trigger I have ever owned, bar none. Like dragging your finger through cold mashed potatoes. That being said I have been carrying it for the better part of a year and I'll sell the Shield 2.0 and keep the Shield Plus for fun. I find the Sig a little more comfortable to shoot than the Shield 2.0 (it's skinny grip is my one complaint that was fixed by the Plus) and on par with the Shield Plus.

I'm thinking of picking up a P365XL. Held my buddies and I like the balance (but I just got an M18 so the 365XL will have to be my birthday present for myself in January lol).

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
My earlier review that includes a number of shooting results.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...935/m/9950092374/p/1

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47407 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
I had a Hellcat. It was OK but I didn't think it was as comfortable & easy to shoot as my P365.

I had a Shield 1.0 that I wanted to like but hated and was happy to trade off. I got a Shield Plus on a whim and had low expectations for it, but as it turns out, it won me over. It's hard to believe how much difference the improved trigger (which should be carried over to all M&Ps) and small increase in grip thickess make.

For me, the Shield Plus' larger size makes it a little easier to shoot than the P365 - which itself is no slouch - but the P365's smaller size is more versatile and easier to conceal.

Shield Plus is comparable in size to the P365XL, which I also have, so I've been debating if I need both.

Posts: 3185 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
For a size comparison.

Left to right:
Shield 2.0, Sig P365, Shield Plus

And my current carry P365. I originally was carrying it in standard configuration with the 12 round mag with the adaptor. I figure I could carry it that way with a cover garment and drop to the 10 round mag in the summer under a t-shirt and shorts. Well I never dropped to the ten round mag, wore it all summer with the 12 rounder. After I held my friends XL I decided to get that grip. Not sure what it was but it felt better than the stock grip with the +2 extension. I also decided to try the manual safety. Perfect carry. I’m not a big fan of tan (“FDE” “Coyote” lol), had enough of that in my life, but when I bought the grip Osage had it on sale. Hey $10 bucks is $10 bucks Smile

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
Love my p365s. Got the xl as well. Bought my wife and daughter p365 as well.

Funny thing is…I got rid of the shields, the honor defense, the PPS and pps2. But could not get rid of the Glock 43.

Posts: 1350 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m going to sound like the fanboy but the modular chassis rarely (except above lol) gets mentioned. I’ve swapped out the module from standard to XL, colors, as the mood and need dictate. For grip stipples such as myself it is also a plus to work on a relatively cheap part of the gun if you screw it up. I think the stock grip modules have a very good texture but it can always be improved. Although personally I think grayguns laser textured model is a pretty good compromise so I have been using those mostly.

Posts: 7469 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll add that the XL does fit in a pocket for me. I dont wear super tight jeans though. I actually like the manual safety as I ride that instead of the slide release.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I gave them a second chance. Glad I did. Striker drag issues resolved, there winning edge besides size are the triggers. I had a hellcat & was ok with it. Learning to shoot the SAS had its curve but I’m good with it now.

Posts: 13808 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yea put me in the camp of striker triggers are striker triggers. Stock they vary from ok to meh.I have no complaints about any of my 365 triggers. I am pretty sure I prefer the flat trigger though.

posted Hide Post
Thanks to all for info.

Art

Posts: 208 | Location: Littleton, Co. USA | Registered: August 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
I shot mine for the first time in about a year. It still amazes me how well it shoots for such a small gun. The best carry gun I've ever tried for sure. I carry it while walking out in the country mostly. My Lab is not much of a guard dog so I need back up !!

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2759 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice pic!

Posts: 259 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: January 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am very impressed with the 365 XL. The flat/straight trigger is really nice. Seriously accurate. The standard 365 felt a little too small for me. I so have a Shield V1 and plan to keep it as I can fire both 40S&W and 9mm.

Semper Fidelis

Posts: 119 | Location: Missouri | Registered: August 01, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted Hide Post
I have owned and carried a lot of guns. The P365XL MS has to be one the easiest shooting and carrying little guns I've ever had the pleasure of owning.

Proverbs 28:1

Posts: 4198 | Location: Contra Costa County, CA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post