SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Is it OK to ask value questions now???
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is it OK to ask value questions now??? Login/Join 
I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted
Seems like we did not do that at one time, but I can not remember for sure. I am aging out and selling off some of the stuff I can no longer shoot due to arthritis. Have questions about P220 2 tone and .22LR conversion kit. I intend to put them on classifieds here within a couple months, but do not know where to begin. Thanks...

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1857 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/1730014194

quote:
Price checks: SIGforum allows no price checks. Price check inquiries signal that a member is seeking the value of an item in preparation for selling it, and this is tantamount to selling outside of Classifieds, which is prohibited.

Q

Posts: 26192 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I started with nothing,
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
Got it, thanks.

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1857 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stiab:
I intend to put them on classifieds here within a couple months, but do not know where to begin. Thanks...
Check completed sales on Gun Broker.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 25994 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
stiab, I'll make an exception in this instance. Go ahead and ask your questions.

Posts: 107234 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I started with nothing,
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
stiab, I'll make an exception in this instance. Go ahead and ask your questions.

Thanks Para. I have a 1997 Factory 2 tone P220 .45 safe queen with the correctly marked box and manual, 2 original mags, contrast sights. It is in excellent condition. No rail of course. All springs are strong, at age 76 I have trouble racking the slide and loading the mags, am thinking asking $895.

Also have the complete factory .22LR conversion kit, plastic case and outer paper box, 3 mags (2 unopened). it works great. I'm thinking $400 for this item.

Don't need exact numbers, just would appreciate knowing if I'm in the ballpark. Will put them on classifieds before end of year. Thanks...

posted Hide Post
For the pistol, I would go $750. But your price might be fine to someone wanting a pristine older gun. No idea on the value of the .22 kit.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 15991 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I started with nothing,
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by stiab:
I intend to put them on classifieds here within a couple months, but do not know where to begin. Thanks...
Check completed sales on Gun Broker.

Thanks, but that typically only works for common guns, IMO. GB does not list any recent sales for a 2 tone P220, so no help there.

His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Sorry for pointing this out and, maybe unnecessarily, but you're a class act.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19575 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
From what I can see, the .22lr kit is discontinued. I found a couple of sites with the price still visible. Seems it was a 250.00 item when available. I saw one sale at 430.00 and another for auction on GB starting at 350.00. Buy it now at 700.00 with no bidders yet. A store local to me lists one they sold at 340.00. I hope this helps a little.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29597 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Udo
posted Hide Post
Over the years there were many variations especially in the styles of packaging. There were also content differences. I can describe my version but I can’t begin to remember what I paid unless Rhino remembers. Earlier kits had metal magazines, not the recent plastic ones..

Posts: 1762 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I started with nothing,
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
From what I can see, the .22lr kit is discontinued.

Thanks, when I search it is shown as discontinued on places like Bud's, Top Gun, Midway, etc. The only one I can find for sale is for $1295 on Ebay with 5 mags, I have 3 mags. I'm sure that is an inappropriate price, but have no clue what is, and don't want to waste anybody's time with a too high price.

More persistent
than capable
posted Hide Post
Blue Book for a 220:

98%. 735.00. Add 103.00 for two tone

22 conversion : Add 339.00 for recent conversion
Add 680.00 for old conversion kit

Hope this helps, real world may differ.

Lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you suck forever.

Posts: 1083 | Location: North | Registered: August 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I started with nothing,
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sunburn:
Blue Book for a 220:

98%. 735.00. Add 103.00 for two tone

22 conversion : Add 339.00 for recent conversion
Add 680.00 for old conversion kit

Hope this helps, real world may differ.

Thanks, I assume the 735 + 103 does not include box and docs, which I have, so the 895 I mentioned above is probably a good starting place. I'll put it on classifieds for that, and try to work out a package deal for the conversion kit.

Thanks for the input, and thanks Para for allowing the question.

Picture of Udo
posted Hide Post
I would suggest a photo of the conversion kit when you post.

Posts: 1762 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post