SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    320 full size or 320 x5
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

320 full size or 320 x5 Login/Join 
Tuesday was gone when I told her my name is the breeze.
posted
sig pros,
i want a nice striker fired range pistol.

Can i ask you sig pros ,if you had the choice,would you buy the 320 X five,or go with a 320 full size.

I like what i have read about the 320 X5,but wonder if it is that much better than a 320 full size.Thanks for advice gents.

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
If I had the choice, I'd go with the X5, but that's because I like shooting pistol matches.

If you will never want any of the following to stand and shoot paper on the range, then the extra money for the X5 probably won't be worth it to you:

- ability to mount a red dot on your pistol
- a fiber optic front sight
- an adjustable rear sight
- extended magazines
- a backstrap weight for balance/recoil management
- a magwell
- a higher grip beavertail frame
- a straight trigger
- a 5" match barrel

If any of the above do appeal to you, then consider whether the feature can be added to a 320 full size and how much it would cost to upgrade the full size with the feature(s) you do like. Compare that cost to the price difference on the X5.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tuesday was gone when I told her my name is the breeze.
posted Hide Post
Thanks jafo.Your answer sure makes me think about getting the right gun the first time.

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My fiancee recently got a 320x5 and I gotta say, it's pretty awesome. She uses it for uspsa and with the sights, 4 mags and the great trigger I think it's a pretty good deal. It's on my must get list.

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I started doing daily exercise in 2015 to knock off 50 extra lbs. and now I have a 1 1/2 hour per day exercise "habit". As a result I just do not have enough free time to put in the amount of practice required to really use the potential of the X5, so my choice would be the standard 320 full size.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5647 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the weight loss!

I'd look into more efficient exercise routines to free up time. Killer workouts can be had in 10-15 minutes if the intensity level is there. More time for shooting.

I rarely workout for more than 45 minutes including warm up, and I'm in excellent shape.

Heck, you can even combine a workout and shooting!

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You dig
Picture of evolution
posted Hide Post
I just picked up a FS at $499, I immediately added Dawson FO's at $79 and an Apex flat trigger at $49. So I have the gun at $630. but with only two magazines; an additional three will cost $120. So my final cost will be $750.

Posts: 2602 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post