SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig SSP factory service experience.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig SSP factory service experience. Login/Join 
posted
For those of you who may be thinking of sending in your older Sigs to the factory for refit, dont hesitate.
I sent in my 1994 made P220 for the SSP service and they turned it around, including shipping, in 7 days. Thats right. In, fixed and back to me in 7 days. The paperwork indicates the work was completed the same day they received it. And since the cost included new night sights, it is a bargain. Even got my old parts back!
Great experience!
I enjoy the last line on the gunsmiths notes:
"Meets Factory Specs". 25 years old and good as new.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Yoop, glad you like it. Want to ask you 2 questions.

1- Did they replace the roll pins? If they did, the old parts should be in that little baggy.

2- Where did they lube the gun? Please, be specific. Pics would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Q:
The gun was lubed with a white grease. TW25 maybe.
I know they are (or were) pushing Lucas stuff. Is it white?
Roll pins were replaced. I will send you some photos later tonight.

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Were the rails greased?

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
When I sent mine a few years back they did replace the slide roll pins as well as Recoil, trigger bar, decocker, extractor, and sear springs.

Don't remember much about the greasing other than they did grease the rails pretty well with what appeared to be TW25-b (I am guessing it's a Lucas product now). I did not take it apart and see anything besides what you'd see in a field strip.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Q:
The rails are very greasy. Check your e-mail for photos!

Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Another fan of the SSP, even more so when they have it on sale.

For me, it represents a strong value.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Apologies to YooperSigs for derailing thread.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 12131,

Q

Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Crack in the left side by the grip screw hole?

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No derail. I want to know as much as I can about the SSP and what everyone's experiences are with it.

Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
Lucas grease is green. It almost certainly was TW25.
Yes, their service is terrific. I've had a dozen, or more, guns go through their SSP and they've turned them all around in 10 days, or less. If you catch their Father's Day special, it's a smokin' deal!

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I've got a P239 that I keep threatening to send in.

Maybe I'll wait til Father's Day and do it then!

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11446 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post