SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New PPK, what finish blued, stainless, or black stainless? Updated went with blue pics added
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New PPK, what finish blued, stainless, or black stainless? Updated went with blue pics added Login/Join 
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I’ve owned both at one time and both were great. Have never heard anyone say anything positive about the PPK here in 15+ years.

There is nothing wrong with a PPK. I have several and they work just fine.

Yeah they are snappy because they are straight blowback. They were designed for .32 and .380 brings the recoil up significantly.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34124 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
I've only shot maybe 3-4 boxes through my PPKS but it functioned flawlessly, never a FTF or FTE. This is with ball FMJ.
My interest in this new manufactured one is to shoot and possibly carry some, IF they are reliable with at least certain ammo.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7102 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Although Walther has discontinued the blue finish there are still some new ones out there and that's what I decided on.
While it's not polished to the level of my old PPKS it still looks pretty good IMO. I may get a chance to take it out tomorrow to see how it functions.

Posts: 7102 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Good call! That PPK looks GREAT!!

That’s too bad they discontinued the blued version. You definitely see a lot more stainless variants for sale. At least I do at my local gun shop.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21115 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Thanks Stickman.
Yes I have seen a lot of stainless ones but not the black melonite finished stainless, which is what I was leaning toward. Then I see some blued PPK's at an on-line site but Walther's site only shows the two stainless versions? More googling didn't turn much up so I Emailed Walther in Arkansas asking "did you once make some blued ones, and if so would they be high carbon steel rather than stainless?" The reply was "Yes there used to be Blued versions". So I went with blue since they may not be available again.

I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
My dream is that Walther Arkansas will make a run of PPKS's in .32 caliber, blued version. Even though I am not a big fan of the bluing process used these days I would prefer that to the stainless. I have a stainless PPKS and it is very nice, but it doesn't do it for me like the blued versions.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2091 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Agreed, a 32 caliber would be nice as it's the caliber PP's were originally designed for, correct? But I don't need to be tempted into buying another PPK or PPKS! Smile
And .380 offers about the same performance just with a heavier bullet traveling a little slower.