SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Thoughts on Osprey Global Quick Release Reflex Sight
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thoughts on Osprey Global Quick Release Reflex Sight Login/Join 
posted
Any experiences?

Looking for an inexpensive quick release red dot for an AR.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Silly guess, did you just go to a gun show?

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, but that is where I come across Osprey.
They are a regular at the show.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No experience for me. But the paltry number of reviews on Amazon definitely fit the description of "mixed".

https://www.amazon.com/Osprey-...ewerType=all_reviews

-MG

Posts: 1989 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Distributor site claims the owner invented the laser bore sight and holds the patent. Osprey apparently has been in business since 2014 and they state yes, they do hit the gun show circuit.

Appears to be offshore production but it's rare something isn't. Even civilian sales Aimpoints come from China, as reported by competitors observing their own products being manufactured in the same factory.

Best source of reviews would be the internet vendors who resale the products. I find reading the 1 star ratings informative, for the dates posted, the issues, and also to sort out what model is likely good or bad. I've done that with other products and sussed out what might be the better buy - and a competitor selling the same item may or may not be getting a higher quality product. Jackets and web gear are rife with backwards zippers and off handed strap assemblies - goes to details we expect to work properly being reinvented by a foreign perspective.

Buyer be aware.

Posts: 613 | Registered: December 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I as just at a show Friday, and they had a big booth. That's why I said that. But that's the only place I see them.

quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
No, but that is where I come across Osprey.
They are a regular at the show.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Even civilian sales Aimpoints come from China, as reported by competitors observing their own products being manufactured in the same factory.

AFAIK All Aimpoint sights are made in Sweden. There are numerous counterfeits though.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post