SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Wilson Combat 365 grip mod and magazine compatibility question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wilson Combat 365 grip mod and magazine compatibility question Login/Join 
posted
I have a 365 and would like to add a WC XL module. I currently use the factory mags with the 12 round finger extender. Do I need new mags or is there a baseplate to add to the mag to make it flush fit? Are the 10 round mags compatible with the XL? Can the 10 round baseplate be added to the 12 round mag for a flush fit?

Posts: 5426 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
10 round mags are not compatible with the X grip, the mag is not long enough. 12 round factory mags are sold with both a flat base plate that is a flush fit in the X grip and a spacer for the standard (short) grip.

Edit to add: It looks like Sig does make a 10 round mag that will fit the X grip, I guess for states with restrictions. If you have one of those it should work in the WC X grip as well.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Herkdriver,

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did the same thing last year. Here's the link:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...570012005#9570012005

You need a new 12 rd flush fit mag plate to replace the current plate on your 12 rd mags. At the time, only place I could find them was direct from Sig. Current 12 rd mags come with both plates. AFAIK, the native 10 rd mags cannot be used in the longer X/XL frame because they are too short.

Have no idea about the 10 rd base plate on a 12 rd mag. Have fun.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
I have never used these, just came across them on the web.

Sig Sauer P365 "XL"Pinky Extension WITH ADAPTER for 10 Round Magazines

quote:
Sig Sauer P365 "XL"Pinky Extension WITH ADAPTER for 10 Round Magazines. To be used ONLY with P365 XL or P365 X farmes

ONLY for 10 rd magazines that came with a REGULAR P365 (NOT XL or X)

Looks like they also make one specifically for the Wilson Combat grip module too.

Wilson Combat Style Sig Sauer P365 XL Pinky Extension ADAPTER for 10rd Magazines

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Paten,

Posts: 3391 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:

And now, the $60,000 question: Will they work on the .380 mags?

Posts: 842 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Sig Sauer P365 "XL"Pinky Extension WITH ADAPTER for 10 Round Magazines

quote:
Sig Sauer P365 "XL"Pinky Extension WITH ADAPTER for 10 Round Magazines. To be used ONLY with P365 XL or P365 X farmes

ONLY for 10 rd magazines that came with a REGULAR P365 (NOT XL or X)

Looks like they also make one specifically for the Wilson Combat grip module too.

Wilson Combat Style Sig Sauer P365 XL Pinky Extension ADAPTER for 10rd Magazines

Posts: 118 | Location: RI | Registered: January 05, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
Do I need new mags or is there a baseplate to add to the mag to make it flush fit?

You just need new baseplates: https://www.sigsauer.com/floor...ush-365-9-12-rd.html

Newer 12 round magazines sold by Sig since the XL came out now come with both a flush fit P365XL baseplate and a finger extension P365 baseplate.

But if your 12 rounders are older and did not come with the additional XL flush fit baseplate, you'll have to buy these baseplates separately, either direct from Sig at $9.99 apiece, or potentially cheaper from a member in the Classifieds section who has no plans to use their leftover ones.

quote:
Are the 10 round mags compatible with the XL?

Not without an adapter as shown in earlier posts. Standard 10 round P365 magazines are too short for the XL grip module.

quote:
Can the 10 round baseplate be added to the 12 round mag for a flush fit?

No. The 10 round flush fit P365 baseplate is not the same as the 12 round flush fit P365XL baseplate.

Posts: 32562 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by toivo:
quote:

And now, the $60,000 question: Will they work on the .380 mags?

It's my understanding that they will work.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 707 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. Grip mod, 12 round mag and a flat base plate have been ordered.

Posts: 5426 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
Are the 10 round mags compatible with the XL?

I just picked up a couple of the adapters, but I decided that I don't need them.
https://www.armorycraft.com/pr...r-10-round-magazines

They're in my Classifed ad, at the end of the first post:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/5650089994

Posts: 842 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post