Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P30 LEM Lite Login/Join 
Picture of got2hav1
posted
Picked up a P30 LEM Lite today. Not particularly a fan DAO pistols but I want to say the LEM Lite might change my mind. The shop had both a LEM and the Lite version in stock , so I had a chance to try both. I liked the Lite version much better. Looks like a 2014 model. I just finished up adding the " match trigger" kit to the USP Compact which made a world of difference on the trigger . I am now happy with the way it shoots. The VP9 didn't need any help, it's a great trigger out of the box and is now my home protection night stand gun. It's back up is a S&W 686 snubbie , so home protection is taken care of. Here's the latest HK family portrait.

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2776 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JMag
posted Hide Post
The lite LEM is excellent. Those that know, know. Love mine.

JMag
"The truth is incontrovertible; malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is." ? Winston Churchill

Posts: 798 | Location: Southeastern U.S. | Registered: March 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of usp_fan
posted Hide Post
I've got an LEM in the P30 and P30sk. SK is V1 (light) the full size is a hybrid with heavier trigger return spring and lighter firing pin block spring- providing a more positive reset. Really like both.

Posts: 2504 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: March 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't know there were two versions. Is there a way to distinctly tell them apart?

I think I've only handled a LEM two, or perhaps, 3 times. Each felt like a long, light DA stroke to let-off. Then, after the reset, a pull of about 1/3 to 1/2 the length (ish) with similar weight. Almost like the transition trigger of a 'typical' DA/SA design but without the drastic difference in trigger weight.

Posts: 383 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
I really wish the P30 was a hair smaller or the P2000 was a hair bigger. They would be perfect. I’ve been going with da/sa but thinking about switching back to lem. Probably regular not lite since it will be a carry gun.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7963 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VictorLouis:
I didn't know there were two versions. Is there a way to distinctly tell them apart?

I think I've only handled a LEM two, or perhaps, 3 times. Each felt like a long, light DA stroke to let-off. Then, after the reset, a pull of about 1/3 to 1/2 the length (ish) with similar weight. Almost like the transition trigger of a 'typical' DA/SA design but without the drastic difference in trigger weight.

I don't think there is a external way to tell. This shop had both and they operated the same way but one ( Lite) had a noticeably better trigger feel. The label on the HK box does spell out LEM Lite .

Posts: 2776 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
I really wish the P30 was a hair smaller or the P2000 was a hair bigger. They would be perfect. I’ve been going with da/sa but thinking about switching back to lem. Probably regular not lite since it will be a carry gun.

I also looked at the P2000. The shop had several of those in different variants. I still may go back and get a P2000. I just fell for the grip on the P30 and the VP9. They just feel great in the hand.

Picture of usp_fan
posted Hide Post
The only difference in LEM variants is the springs. This makes then easy and inexpensive to tune.

Posts: 2504 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: March 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kewl to know. Thanks, guys.

Posts: 383 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post