SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig 365 w/Holosun 507. Use notch for back up sights?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 365 w/Holosun 507. Use notch for back up sights? Login/Join 
posted
I just recently realized the Holosun 507k has a little notch in the rear to act as a rear sight. Will I be able to use the standard X-ray front sight with this notch or will I need to get a suppressor height front sight?

I would assume I would shoot high if I used the factory front sight.

Posts: 5426 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unsure of the Holosun sight usability, but I have a Crimson Trace 1550 on my 365X slide that also has the rear sight notch. Works just fine with the standard Xray front sight at reasonable distances.

I see you're close. I could meet you at A&S Indoor Range in Youngwood if you want to check it out.

Posts: 280 | Location: Pa | Registered: September 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rvbgtr
posted Hide Post
I just installed a 407k on a P365x slide. I understand the 407k is dimentionally identical to the 507k.

If you match up the top of the front sight with the top of the notches in the rear of the Holosun you can see about 1/2 of the front green dot - assuming you still have the factory Sig Xray front sight installed. The notch in the rear of the Holosun is a bit wide, but it is possible to shoot using the sights only once the Holosun is installed with a bit of practice. Easier to use than the Romeo0 rear notch in my opinion. I am considering putting a piece of white tape on the rear of the Holosun for reference.

Posts: 798 | Location: Treasure Coast, FL | Registered: June 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
My holosun 407k, think lower 1/3 .

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t have the picture handy, but at 20 yards using just the 507K’s rear notch and the OEM front sight on my 365XL,my group was well within my aiming zone which was the head box on a USPSA target.

Posts: 186 | Registered: September 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t have the picture handy, but at 20 yards using just the 507K’s rear notch and the OEM front sight on my 365XL,my group was well within my aiming zone which was the head box on a USPSA target.

Posts: 186 | Registered: September 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks for the offer josp!

The pictures answered my question. Thanks

Posts: 5426 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post