SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Holosun 507K on P365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holosun 507K on P365 Login/Join 
posted
Hello.
I’m a 74 years old male and dealing with old eyes. My EDC is a P365. How wise would it be for me to have a Holosun HE507K-GR X2 mounted on this weapon? Would really appreciate some professional opinions.
Thank you all for your time and interest in helping me.
Jim L

Posts: 890 | Location: Central, NY | Registered: February 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
First, find out if your eyes will work with a dot. Ask a friend with one to look through one, or check one at a store. Make sure that you focus on the target, not the dot. Do not focus on the dot. If the red dot doesn’t look like a red squished spider you’re golden.

Posts: 9963 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
I’m not an expert but i have old eyes and wear progressive bifocals. I just put the same Holosun on my 365X. I love it and it has definitely improved my accuracy and shooting is fun again. Now I’m thinking of somehow adding red dots to my other pistols. Last night I put Truglo TFX pro sights on my regular 365. Those are also a big improvement over the standard sights.

Posts: 2338 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I bet you’d love it! I just put that exact sight on my Glock 48. I have a 507c green on my duty gun. I also have a 510 green on my duty SBR.

I have an astigmatism and green works very well for me. I initially worried if it would be bright enough in total sunlight. It’s just fine.

I do wish my 507k was auto brightness like my other two but other than that I love it!

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jdl2:
Hello.
I’m a 74 years old male and dealing with old eyes. My EDC is a P365. How wise would it be for me to have a Holosun HE507K-GR X2 mounted on this weapon? Would really appreciate some professional opinions.
Thank you all for your time and interest in helping me.
Jim L

I’m 56 years old and while my regular vision is fine, I have the typical presbyopia that one gets as you get older, normally over 50. Seeing iron sights has gotten harder for me.

I have a P365XL with a Holosun HS507K-X2, and it was a game changer. You can focus on the threat and see the dot and the target simultaneously and clearly. In my case, I’ve taken training and shot a lot of rounds and did a lot of practice dry fire draws from the holster.

Now, every pistol I buy either has a red dot already (P226 Legion RXP) or has the optic cut on the slide from the factory and then I add the RDS (Springfield Hellcat OSP with a HS507K). It’s a game changer for me.

Incidentally, I also bought a pair of bifocal safety glasses to try that out, but it’s been less successful than hoped (plus you won’t have them on if a real threat needs to be addressed). YMMV. Good luck.

Posts: 39 | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Don't do it unless you're prepared to put one on every handgun you own. Takes some getting used to, but it's been a game changer for me.

Posts: 1812 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
Don't do it unless you're prepared to put one on every handgun you own. Takes some getting used to, but it's been a game changer for me.

I still have pistols with iron sights, but I’ve upgraded them with higher visibility neon orange or green (with tritium inserts) night sights. The plain old white dots don’t work for me now.

Posts: 39 | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
You might want to look at the 407K as it’s a larger 6moa dot vs the circle ⭕️ with a 2moa dot in the center .
Exact same body & functions/ battery configuration.

There’s a rear sight notch for using the iron sights

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted Hide Post
As others have said, it is a game changer and I will never buy another pistol unless it is optics ready. The 507k fits perfect on the P365x slide and works well.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SigLaw,

Posts: 1359 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 507K on my 365 (milling by Maple Leaf Firearms) and am very pleased with it. I also have one on a 43X (among many other optics guns). I think optics on subcompacts work great.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the Holosun 507K (Green). I'm very pleased with the one I have mounted on my P365X. Certainly easier to use than a front sight with older eyes.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10195 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post