SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Picked up a P10c 500 round update
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picked up a P10c 500 round update Login/Join 
Picture of Nframe
posted
the other thread on the P10 got me curious so I got busy searching for one.

Obviously I found it. A new 2018 mfg. The ergonomics are pretty good, its close to my 19X but shoots a little smoother. I had already picked up 3 extra mags, which was another reason I needed the gun.

I have 250 rounds of 124 NATO through so far and am quite pleased with it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nframe,

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Love mine.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7964 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
About to go put some more rounds through mine in a minute. It’s a great handgun

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 7005 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
I had to go run another 78 rounds through it. 328 now. The trigger is defiantly getting better.

I'm hoping to finish the 500 round ammo can in the next day or so. Then I'll see how various JHP and other weight bullets shoot.

It's a fun little blaster.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice, same color as mine. Love the hell out of it. The trigger become butter after a few hundred rounds. My only change was to swap the trigger shoe with one from HB Industries. Just have a preference to flat faced triggers. So far I'm at the 1500+ mark with no problems when shooting. Purchased in February. You'll enjoy the P10c as it's probably the smoothest, flattest shooting pistol I have ever shot.

If you find the grip too aggressive after shooting I'd suggest the Talon Grips. Got a set in black and really complemented the two-tone color scheme. Enjoy your purchase and have fun.

Posts: 180 | Location: Reno, Nevada | Registered: September 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nframe:
I had to go run another 78 rounds through it. 328 now. The trigger is defiantly getting better.

I'm hoping to finish the 500 round ammo can in the next day or so. Then I'll see how various JHP and other weight bullets shoot.

It's a fun little blaster.

What JHP's are you going to test? Mine loves Federal HST 147gr.

Posts: 180 | Location: Reno, Nevada | Registered: September 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
I have an assortment of things to try. I'll know sometime this week when I have a chance to get out back and shoot.

posted Hide Post
I got mine back from CGW a few weeks ago. Here is a video with the red dot. To be honest, the timed fire target was the best of the day, and is not the average, but it was an excellent result.
https://youtu.be/HYlksBzo0l4
Drives my 1911 buddies crazy when I show up with a plastic gun for a local bullseye match.
Joe

P226-X-Five 9mm, P226-9/40/357SIG/22LR, P239-9, Kahr PM40, Desert Eagle 1911G, CZ75B 9mm, Savage 308 bolt gun, Stag Arms AR-15.

Posts: 1941 | Location: West Texas | Registered: March 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
Joe,
that is damn good shooting!

I've thought that after a few thousand rounds I may send my p10 to CGW for some lovin'. As it is right now with the trigger getting smoother already at 328 rounds it will be interesting how things progress.

Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Once you start buying the extra mags you're getting committed! Congrats! A P10-C has been on the list for a while. The suppressor model is the best value for a ready to go suppressor host around right now.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3609 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gambit
posted Hide Post
Picked one up one made in 2018, day before yesterday. My trigger gauge puts it averaging 5 1/4 to 5 1/2" out of the box. Reset is GREAT. I like just about everything about it except I expected a better trigger out of the box after reading all the hype. It's not bad, though and I keep reading about how it gets better. That scraping feel and sound on take up does bother me a little. The trigger does start to wear on my finger after about 150 rounds. I had an XD40 that did the same thing. I'm just going to have to learn this one.
I did pull out a lot of grit when I cleaned and lubed it prior to firing.
Put 200 rounds (WWB and Fiocchi) through it. Ran fine. Accuracy is very good and it feels great in my hand.
I again measured trigger pull after 200 rounds and it averages 5 to 5 1/4lbs.
So far, so good. I'm happy.

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gambit:
Picked one up one made in 2018, day before yesterday. My trigger gauge puts it averaging 5 1/4 to 5 1/2" out of the box. I like just about everything about it except I expected a better trigger out of the box after reading all the hype. It's not bad, though and I keep reading about how it gets better.
Put 200 rounds (WWWB and Fiocchi). Ran fine. Accuracy is very good and it feels great in my hand.
I again measured trigger pull after 200 rounds and it averages 5 to 5 1/4lbs.
So far, so good. I'm happy.

Gambit, my trigger measured just like yours. I'm going to check it after 500 rounds, as of now I can feel that it is smoother and possibly less than 5 pounds.
I'm hoping for the 4- 4.25 pound range.

Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
I finished up the 500 round box of Georgia Arms NATO 124 stuff and then put 40 rounds of various self defense rounds down range.

147 Gold Saber Ruger APX and Independence 115 jhp. The P10 really liked the APX. That really surprised me. Next was the 115 gr stuff. And I ran out of 147 gold saber before I could really get it figured out.

I then decided to head to my reloading room/ gun cleaning room and give the P10c a wipe down and look over. The rails looked a bit smoother but things looked fine. The barrel and slide don't show any sign of wear. I carry the gun in a leather holster for a P229 railed.

The trigger is still measuring at 5.5 lbs but now there is no creep or grit at the take up. It just breaks clean and bang, hits the target.

Very easy to shoot fast and chase cans across the berm or ring the multiple gongs!

Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
I keep hoping for a full-size or longslide edition.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5968 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gambit
posted Hide Post
I hit the five hundred mark yesterday and feel no difference in the trigger, yet.
It's the smallest plastic pistol I have and I'm still getting use to it.
After a 300 round session yesterday, I broke out one of the wife's emery boards when I got home and worked on the top of the back strap.
I have shot six different ammo brands, two of which were hollow points. The rest were bulk including a box of steel case rounds.
She never missed a lick.

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
My P10C has around 2500rds through it. The trigger is one of if not the best on any striker fired pistols I have or have owned. I got tired of the rougher than needed grips, so I put a set of Talon rubber stick-on's on mine. They make a world of difference! Pic's below.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2672 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gambit
posted Hide Post
Did you put the Talon right over the textured surface ? Looks good.

Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gambit:
Did you put the Talon right over the textured surface ? Looks good.

Thanks! Yes I did. The color Match is spot on!

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2672 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
That does look pretty good. I never thought of putting the Talons on mine. For me the grip texture was just where I could feel it. Like the RTF2 on my Glock 19.

2500 rounds... I got some catching up to do!! Smile

..and I just ran another 240 through it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nframe,