SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    “Niche’” older guns that you no longer shoot much but don’t want to sell
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

“Niche’” older guns that you no longer shoot much but don’t want to sell Login/Join 
Banned
posted Hide Post
S&W Model 10-5

Not carried, rather old, but it's going to stay with me for as long as I still hold breath within me.

It belonged to my departed friend, Michael. Navy seabee, Desert Storm veteran, and a great American. Cancer took him unfortunately. I take this rather old Smith with me whenever I go shooting and sometime I let friends shoot it or folks that Michael would have approved of. I do it because in my head, I am still shooting with Mike and Mike is still making new friends and they too have gone shooting with him.

The 10-5 was his favorite gun, was always on his hip. His second favorite was his P220. When he knew it was time he made sure to give me to Smith.

I still miss my friend, as grouchy as he could be sometimes.

Posts: 12 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 12, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post