SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Picking up a Tyson’s Corner 226. Upgrades?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picking up a Tyson’s Corner 226. Upgrades? Login/Join 
Picture of ruger357
posted
I want to make sure it is sound. Send it to Sig, Bruce or check it and upgrade it myself? If the latter, what upgrades and things to check?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ruger357,

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
if it was shot little I probably would do anything! If it looks well worn maybe replace all the springs and night sites if it has them.

done!

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Sig Service Package is cheap and easy. Night sights, too. It makes me feel good, if it's not something I love enough to send off the the Secret Volcano Base for some GGI love.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Send it to sig, to get an overhaul, add night sights I agree. If you want to add the SRT to it it's a good option. Get some E2 grips or wood ones.

or send it to greyguns

https://grayguns.com/action-cl...-perfection-service/

but if you wanna go cheap and do it yourself just get a spring kit and change the breechblock pins if necessary. But you might wanna get the grips off and clean it out and relube it.

sig nut', haulin' 3 sig 228's

Posts: 264 | Location: over lookin' beach and border | Registered: December 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I second the SSP from Sig. It will come back to you with paperwork saying "meets factory specifications" and with new night sights to boot.
Any old Sig I buy goes back for SSP.
My last SSP gun was turned around in 10 days!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it was my handgun, I'd re-spring it entirely myself. While its completely disassembled, give it a good cleaning and re-lube. Put it back together and shoot it. Just my 2 cents.

Posts: 826 | Location: CA | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
What's the sig service cost?

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 808
posted Hide Post
Check out bottom of page for prices.

https://www.sigsauer.com/custom-shop/

Posts: 1230 | Location: Great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania | Registered: February 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 808:
Check out bottom of page for prices.

https://www.sigsauer.com/custom-shop/

Thanks!

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer

Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I am a big fan of the Sig SSP, especially when they have it on sale.

We are going to want to see some pics and a range report. Smile

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post