SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig Airsoft Pistols - Manual Safety Removal
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Airsoft Pistols - Manual Safety Removal Login/Join 
Picture of ajp3jeh
posted
Has anyone with the airsoft M17 or M18 removed the manual safety? If so, how did you do it?

AKA John E. Hearne

"Shoot deliberately" - Wyatt Earp
"Tache/psyche effect - a polite way of saying 'you suck.'" - GG
"The 8th Marines dominate an environment. You, with your pistol, merely exist." - GG
http://www.dvctargets.com - Promoting excellence and realisim in combative shooting.

Posts: 1748 | Location: Northern Mississippi | Registered: November 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ajp3jeh
posted Hide Post
In case anyone is following this, progress was made. I poppped the "FCU" out of the airsoft pistol and noticed that the manual safety appeared to be attached with a very small set screw. I was able to remove both set screws (allen wrench for one and drilling out the other). Once removed I used a screw driver to pry the safety levers off of both sides. I had to use a pair of vice grips to keep the pin from being pulled out while doing this.

This did remove the manual safety and the pistol functioned normally. However, the pin walks out slowly to the left side when you fire it. I've got to figure out how to solve that problem.

AKA John E. Hearne

"Shoot deliberately" - Wyatt Earp
"Tache/psyche effect - a polite way of saying 'you suck.'" - GG
"The 8th Marines dominate an environment. You, with your pistol, merely exist." - GG
http://www.dvctargets.com - Promoting excellence and realisim in combative shooting.

Posts: 1748 | Location: Northern Mississippi | Registered: November 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
I don't own an M17/ M18, or even a P320, but I am considering getting into Airsoft, so I was following this thread on the possibility that I may need to do something similar on a future purchase.

Thanks for taking the time to follow up with an update on your mod. Smile

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post