SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P238 ejector bar is bent
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P238 ejector bar is bent Login/Join 
posted
My new used P238 has an ejector bar that is bent, not damaged from not pushing it under the slide, but rather it hits the left side of the slide and I have to manuallly push it over to the right in order for it to clear the slide. Q-can I just bend the bar over to the right with needle nose pliers without damaging anything?

Posts: 43 | Location: Hilton Head Island, SC | Registered: August 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
My question is how bent? Since you have to depress the tab when remounting the slide, can you press and push it aside in one motion? Keep in mind that that tab also serves to depress the firing pin safety plunger when you pull the trigger.

I think you can probably bend it, but be careful. It might be best to completely disassemble the gun and bend the part when it is out of the gun. There are videos online showing disassembly.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does the pistol work when fired? The ejectors, I have seen are very hard and will break rather than bend.

Posts: 550 | Location: Dothan, Alabama | Registered: August 27, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post