SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Carry Holster for 19 RMR?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Carry Holster for 19 RMR? Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted
I'll be looking at the 2-3 holster brands I usually get. But I've never bought an RMR capable holster and looking for recommendations.

I usually use the Comptac Infidel Ultra Max (IWB). Comptac doesn't seem to offer an RMR friendly carry holster.

I'm looking at this. I'd like a holster for IWB carry and OWB range use.

I'll keep looking but any recommendations?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12724 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At the moment my go to is red hill tactical.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I might also add I’ve had no real issues modifying kydex holsters to make them work (and many of my blade techs worked without any mods.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd say optics accommodating kydex designs are more common than not anymore. I have had great experiences with:

Tier 1 Concealed
LAS Concealment
Midwest Tactical Solutions
Black Rhino Concealment
Long's Shadow
Last Line of Defense

The average quality of kydex holsters has gotten very good as vacuum forming, CAD/CNC design and cutting, and better molds have become more of a thing.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I just got a Vedder light Tuck in a few days ago for an RMR'd 19. I haven't tried it yet but I have used and do like Vedder holsters.

Posts: 3457 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I've been using a Raven Perun for my 32/TLR-7a and 45/tlr-7a/rmr for OWB and a Werkz holster for IWB.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8021 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark60:
I just got a Vedder light Tuck in a few days ago for an RMR'd 19. I haven't tried it yet but I have used and do like Vedder holsters.

Agreed- HIGHLY recommended.

Posts: 3676 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just ordered an appendix and a range holster from JM Custom Kydex. They have many models and had good reviews and I liked the look of their designs. I have several from Dale Fricke and Mastermind Tactics. Mastermind stopped making holsters but you can find them used and I like them best of all.

Posts: 196 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of og556
posted Hide Post
I have used JM custom kydex and Phlster holsters for guns with RMR’s and lights AIWB.

Both are phenomenal and you couldn’t go wrong either way. I’d give a slight edge to JM Custom Kydex for comfort.

Posts: 646 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: August 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. Looking up all the suggestions.

"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12724 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use a Stealthgear.

Posts: 4 | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
H.O.F.I.S
posted Hide Post
Hidden Hybrid. P320 with a Holosun.

"I'm sorry, did I break your concentration"?

Posts: 1513 | Location: Above water | Registered: September 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
You can relatively easily modify existing G19 kydex holsters to accommodate your RMR, using just a Dremel with a sanding drum at medium speed, followed by some fine grit sandpaper to clean up the edges.

Here's a Comp-Tac CTAC I modified to fit a Glock 45 with a SRO optic:

I did the same with a no-name Kydex OWB too:

Posts: 32517 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
G-Code Incog Eclipse is my normal go-to.

I recently added a TLR-7A, and since G-Code does not make anything for that light, I've been using a Tenicor Sagax.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted Hide Post
Tenicor has what you’re looking for.

"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"

Posts: 2226 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
If you already have a kydex holster you may want to just trim it a bit as noted by RogueJSK. I modified my current holsters for my P320 and G19..it did not take much to do so. I’d recommend a Vedder Light tuck. I also have a Stealthgear which is extremely comfortable.

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Thanks.

I may buy a dremel to modify my existing holsters to accommodate the RMR assuming they can already accept surpressor height irons. For now, I'm looking at the vedder and the tenicor. Will continue to look at other suggestions above as well.