SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG releasing the latest: P320 AXG Equinox
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG releasing the latest: P320 AXG Equinox Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a nice looking pistol, but I couldn't find an MSRP. I guess I'm not part of the "exclusive" target market!

Posts: 152 | Registered: December 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Never have been a big fan of the Equinox line, would save a but $$ & just get the standard AXG.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Maybe if they were able to tack on some bigger logos?

At least it doesn't come in gold (yet).

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Never have been a big fan of the Equinox line, would save a but $$ & just get the standard AXG.

There's no "standard" AXG. The Scorpion and the Classic are not "standard". Of the three, I'll probably pick the Classic first. But, the billboard is just plain tacky on all of them.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
I’m still patiently waiting for the rainbow version.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

There's no "standard" AXG. The Scorpion and the Classic are not "standard". Of the three, I'll probably pick the Classic first. But, the billboard is just plain tacky on all of them.

The Classic was what I meant, out of touch with all the 320 variants these days.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
The link indicates the frame is stainless steel, which has to be wrong given the pistol's weight. Not surprised Sig Marketing screwed up the description, leaving it to consumers to proof-read their work.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks interesting. I guess if I were in the market for a striker fired pistol, this has all the features I would want.

Posts: 2032 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
I watched a video where they said Sig used a different recoil assembly between the scorpion and the classic.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
The link indicates the frame is stainless steel, which has to be wrong given the pistol's weight. Not surprised Sig Marketing screwed up the description, leaving it to consumers to proof-read their work.

IIRC, SIG's email did say it was aluminum. I'd trust the weight.

I can see someone wanting steel (10mm, if it ever becomes available, anyone?), but that would be a retro on retro approach to finding out what the customers like.

As for the Equinox, that (to me) is one of the attractive ones. I might just keep an eye out for a full-sized version with a manual safety.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:

IIRC, SIG's email did say it was aluminum. I'd trust the weight.

I do trust the listed weight as it's similar to other AXG (Al framed p320 pistol) models. Glad to hear the introductory email at least was correct.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
By "Frame" in the description, they mean the FCU. The grip module is aluminum.

Posts: 3370 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
^^^ based on the other AXG model descriptions, it appears you're right.

Leave it to Sig Marketing to confuse the consumer with such, given that "grip module" material appears no where in their list of characteristics AND frame means something else entirely in all of their other products.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
By "Frame" in the description, they mean the FCU. The grip module is aluminum.

This is correct, although the person in charge of item description could take a remedial class. Roll Eyes

quote:

FRAME FINISH Hard Coat Anodized

FRAME MATERIAL Stainless Steel

Q

probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Maybe if they were able to tack on some bigger logos?

At least it doesn't come in gold (yet).

Not from the factory maybe, but at least one comes in gold.

Posts: 3370 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Yes, as stated the “frame” or serial-numbered receiver of the P320 is the U-shaped trough that holds the action (trigger and sear mechanisms). It is made of stainless steel and weighs little because it’s a relatively small part. The grip module that’s made of polymer in most versions of the P320 and which holds the complete receiver assembly (the “fire control unit”) is made of aluminum in the AXG model(s).

It’s too bad that even the factory’s description can’t get it right. They used to bitch at their contract armorer class instructors for failing to use the exact correct terminology for parts, but what can we expect these days when they call it a “flat” trigger? Wink

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47366 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyEngineer:
It's a nice looking pistol, but I couldn't find an MSRP. I guess I'm not part of the "exclusive" target market!

$1299 MSRP

posted Hide Post
$1299 MSRP
$2299 on Gunbroker or any other price gouging website.

5x P226, 2x P229, 1x P220, 1x P238, 1x365, 1x MPX

Posts: 10 | Registered: October 16, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Need a Diamond Plate and Rainbow version. Preferably a combined Diamond Plate Rainbow version. Roll Eyes

Posts: 820 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post