SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    PM9 vs P365 or P365XL
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PM9 vs P365 or P365XL Login/Join 
Picture of Wasabi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by R65:
And don't forget the +2 kits for the 365 family

https://magguts.com/product/si...r-12-round-magazine/

Now you are at 14+1 in the X and XL versions, and the mag is only 1/8th inch longer.

That's right in there with the G19

I have these too for both my 10 and 12rd P365 mags. With a backup mag on my hip, I'm up to a possible 29rds available. Man, I hope I never need that. Cool

Posts: 731 | Location: Lutz, FL | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
It had start up issues when it was first released. SIG fixed them. There are now seven figures of these in the wild, and current production, and really everything but the first year's production, don't seem to have any reliability issues.

quote:
Originally posted by Underdog:
Note: I’m not being argumentative.

Why would you want to go from a proven pistol to a platform that’s had major function issues?

Zero chance I’m switching from a PM9 to a P365.

If you need more rounds jump up a pistol size.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At this point I believe we are beyond any "major function issues". We can agree that Sig likes us to beta test sometimes but the issue is resolved by all accounts that I can tell, including my own 365 being problem free.

Posts: 7326 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigp6
posted Hide Post
Yep.

The PM9 and the P365 are functionally identical in size. But anything the PM9 does, the P365 does better.

And without that shitty Kahr trigger...

Every once in a while I like to masturbate a big word into a conversation - even if I'm not sure what it means.

Posts: 38 | Registered: May 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigp6:
Yep.

The PM9 and the P365 are functionally identical in size. But anything the PM9 does, the P365 does better.

And without that shitty Kahr trigger...

That is a funny signature line.

“Always do what’s right; this will gratify some and astonish the rest” – Albert Einstein

Posts: 25 | Location: Southeast  | Registered: October 19, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Today I went to a local store that had both in stock. They also had a 365xl tacpac. I’m an owner now and the Kahr will soon have a new owner. Cleaned it and hope to get to the range in the next couple days.

“Always do what’s right; this will gratify some and astonish the rest” – Albert Einstein

Posts: 25 | Location: Southeast  | Registered: October 19, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just picked up the tacpac as well. The 3rd magazine made the plastic shit free so I went that way. I also picked up some +2 magguts so the stock 12 rounders are now 14 rounders plus 1. Seemed like a good upgrade.

Probably going to pick up the Holosun 507k X2 just have to decide between red and green. 20 dollar difference and I’m not sure which I prefer. Any thoughts?

Posts: 7326 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Underdog:
Why would you want to go from a proven pistol to a platform that’s had major function issues?

I own several Kahrs, polymer and steel. The steel is a K40, and hasn't had issues. The polymer Kahrs all chewed up the barrel hood, had to go back to kahr. Kahr, lost them, took months to get one back. All came back with functional problems, despite replacing the major components. Out of thousands of rounds, hundreds of failures to return to battery.

The last one I got back, I took to the range, with the wife. I fired two rounds from a full magazine. My hand burned, my face hurt, and the magazine was gone. It fired out of battery on the second round, blew out the side plate, and the magazine, and vented on my hand and back to my face. Burns on both. The Kahrs have been in the safe since.

The P365's have had thousands of rounds through them. No issues to date. I did upgrade to the newer style firing pin. Never had any problems with the old, original style, and these were some of the first P365's available.

My P365's have been reliable with every time of factory ammunition I've run through them, wich is everything, and with every reload I've put through them in 115 gn, 124 gn, 147 gn, numerous powders and charges, various crimps, numerous overall cartridge lengths.

Hot weather, cold weather, no issues. Easy to work on, easy to replace components, so far my carry P365 has a gray guns sculpted grip module, a straight trigger, the current firing pin, and I crowned the barrel (because I was bored).

My Kahrs proved unreliable and self-destructive, with poor manufacturer support. My P365's have proven the opposite, except that I haven't needed manufacturer support.

11 rounds in the holster in my pocket, and 15 rounds in a spare magazine gives the P365 an advantage over the Kahr, but it wouldn't matter how many rounds the Kahr could carry, even if it was anything more than a low capacity single stack, because it never proved reliable enough to use them.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yikes. That isn’t a good story. My Kahr K9 was great but it had a very tight chamber. Would lock up tight on occasion with the occasional round, some reloads and even factory at times. Sold that one recently.

I should add I bought the magguts for the stock 10 round mags as well. 12 + 1 in a tiny pocketable carry gun that I can shoot extremely well.

I think that is lost in some of these conversations. I have small guns. I don't have a small gun that I literally can shoot basically just as well as the bigger guns until the 365 came along. I’m slower with reloads because the grip is so small that the mag can hang up on my palm, stuff like that but other than that this little gun shoots big.

Mine all have the manual safety because I appendix at times and personal choice prefer the MS in that position.

Since you can’t keep both the 365 is the better choice in most cases.

posted Hide Post
I really wanted to love the Kahr. I bought a few of them at the time, liked the trigger, the size and so on, but over time, they didn't hold up. I still have them, but I'm not over the disappointment, yet.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Underdog:
Note: I’m not being argumentative.

Zero chance I’m switching from a PM9 to a P365.

If you need more rounds jump up a pistol size.

In my case the Kahr was stolen from me in a burglary. I got it back two years later. The perp was stopped with a broken tail light and found with my gun and drugs in his possession. I just don’t want it anymore, it’s just me.

Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Kahr had a niche for a while, but now they lost it, and haven't kept up. If they want new sales, they're going to have to come up with a compelling competitor to the new crop of double stack micro 9s

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Kahr CM9 and a Sig 365. I'm keeping both, but the carry choice is the Sig because of capacity and a nicer trigger in my opinion. The Kahr is ultra reliable and stays onboard my RV or truck.

Audemus jura nostra defendere

Posts: 17 | Registered: October 31, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My p365s have replaced my PM9

More capacity and it feels better in my hand

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 365 XL is my goto firearm of choice now. Flat trigger is awesome and the added length definitely helps with my accuracy.

Semper Fidelis

Posts: 119 | Location: Missouri | Registered: August 01, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The XL is easy to shoot well. I liked it enough I bought a GCode Stealth Phenom to try it CCW. We shall see.

Picture of wacopolumbo
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your choice. The XL will serve you well. I completely understand not wanting to keep a piece that had been in criminal hands. I’m a Kahr fan, had a bunch of them but only buy and keep the metal ones now. I like the steel Kahrs in 40. I have a couple 9s to, but in 9MM the 365 is king in my book for small carry semiautos.

Enjoy the RV life, I just winterized mine. I need to use it more next year…

Regards,
Waco

Learning from my mistakes since 1974...

Posts: 1713 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: July 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Swiss-German vs Moonies? I'll go with the Sig.

Posts: 13 | Registered: July 09, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Groundhog666:
Swiss-German vs Moonies? I'll go with the Sig.

They're both made in USA. There isn't a single part in a P365 that is sourced from Germany, Switzerland, or anywhere else in Western Europe. In fact, I would bet the PM9 uses a higher percentage of parts made in USA than the P365 does.

Posts: 3171 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Carried a PM9 for close to 10 years, roughly 6 months after buying my P365 I realized I was never picking up my PM9 anymore.

Posts: 1181 | Location: DFW Metromess | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post