SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Active retention holster for P229R with red dot sight?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Active retention holster for P229R with red dot sight? Login/Join 
posted
Can you recommend an active retention holster for the P229R 9mm with a red dot sight? I am looking for an outside-the-waistband duty holster with at least level 1 retention.

My favorite holster is the Safariland 6378 ALS but this is not RDS compatible.

The holster I use with a red dot sight on the P229 is the Safariland 576W GLS Pro-Fit. However, I am not a fan of the GLS mechanism. I prefer to keep the retention mechanism (ALS) the same among my holsters to transfer my training reps more effectively.

Ideally, I will find something like the Safariland 6390RDS ALS but which fits the P229R.

I have done what seems like a reasonable amount of Google and forum searching and spoken with Sig and Safariland directly without finding anything except Kydex and leather holsters that lack retention mechanisms.

Is anyone modifying ALS holsters or making their own to fit configurations not supported by Safariland and other manufacturers?

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 1 | Registered: November 09, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
https://www.ghostmendesigns.com/

I have no personal experience with them, but they do custom work on Safariland holsters.

Posts: 1626 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post