SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Question regarding P365x / P365xl sights with red dot
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question regarding P365x / P365xl sights with red dot Login/Join 
Picture of rvbgtr
posted
I previously had a P365xl with a Romeo0. I did not think the sights were that usable as the rear sight notch was just too high. Could maybe see about half of the front sight dot.

Wondering if any one has put on a suppressor hight front sight and then use the optic's rear notch sort of like an XS Big Dot set up were the front dot just sits on top of the rear sight?

https://www.xssights.com/Handg...on_Page_pr-8208.aspx

If so, how did that work?

Considering getting a P365x slide to mount red dot, but would like to still have useable sights. This as an option rathter than milling a P365 slide so I can install tall front and rear sights so they are still usable.

Thank you

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rvbgtr,

Posts: 798 | Location: Treasure Coast, FL | Registered: June 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ranger41
posted Hide Post
I have the P365XL with Romeo0. Last time at the range I practiced without turning on the red dot. I find the sights usable, but slow to pick up for the reasons you mentioned. My P226 SAO RX with the Romeo One has suppressor height sights and is as easy to shoot (but not as precise) with the irons as with the dot.

The Romeo0 has a vertical groove behind the rear notch. I think I will fill it with white paint that should allow me to align the sights quicker. But for 10 yards and in just putting the green dot on the front sight in the lower half of the Romeo0 window and holding a bit low should be close enough.

"The world is too dangerous to live in-not because of the people who do evil, but because of the people who sit and let it happen." (Albert Einstein)

Posts: 958 | Location: Rural Virginia - USA | Registered: May 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
I know there is an optic plate coming soon that incorporates a rear sight dovetail, but it's going to be made for the RMRcc. I don't know what kind of room there is, but there may be a different product in the future that addresses this. I do wish Sig didn't decide to use optic housings for rear sights.

Posts: 6033 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rvbgtr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rustpot:
I know there is an optic plate coming soon that incorporates a rear sight dovetail, but it's going to be made for the RMRcc. I don't know what kind of room there is, but there may be a different product in the future that addresses this. I do wish Sig didn't decide to use optic housings for rear sights.

Bobro Engineering makes a plate like that for the P320 M17. I've asked if they will for the P365x, or xl. Haven't heard back yet though. Looks like a real good option.

Posts: 798 | Location: Treasure Coast, FL | Registered: June 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post