SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG 1911-XFULL?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG 1911-XFULL? Login/Join 
posted
I wandered in after a few years absence from the forum to see what people thought about the new SIG 1911-XFULL, and am surprised to not see a single mention. Are these like Fight Club, where we don’t talk about them? They seem like they would be a decent ready-to-run RDO option.

Posts: 217 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: February 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
There's not a lot of 1911 talk in general until you get to Dan Wesson levels. The $1500ish price tag a little outrageous for a MIM filled 1911. If the Romeo X came with it for that price, it wouldn't be too awful, but not at the almost $1800 that Sig wants for it.

Posts: 4179 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is a 1911. Note the round top slide, the lack of any rails and the wonderful clean lines of the pistol.

Compare this to that abortion that Sig calls a 1911 and I would rather have a blind pig than that mess.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5647 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Scooter is right

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11284 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I think Sig lost a lot of customers when they went after the 'enhanced' look full time.

I'm sure their usual VA billboard letters (trying to be an X) on the other side just to make sure.

It is definitely an X-FULL priced pistol. I was able to get an old Infinity 2011 for about the same price (more than once).

Welcome back to the forum!

Posts: 9155 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love my SA Garrison. Everything you need and nothing you dont. Half price of the XFull. I do have a Sig Nightmare Carry but only paid $850 for it.
If I am going for a $1500+ 1911, it will be a Dan Wesson.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16093 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
If I am going for a $1500+ 1911, it will be a Dan Wesson.

Smart man!

quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:

I'm sure their usual VA billboard letters (trying to be an X) on the other side just to make sure.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16222 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
The Colt Custom is beautify, the 1911 Sig lacks eye appeal.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1556 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd take it if it was given to me but I'm also not reaching for my wallet on that one. I like my old school 1911 and the new stuff with rails and optics. I'm glad we have the option to go as close to the original or as divergent as our tastes run though.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
That external extractor just ain’t right.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8957 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
Many companies that make/sell 1911 pistols have tried the external extractor over the years. VERY few have succeeded.
But I am all for companies designing/building guns in a variety of configurations. Hopefully, it isn't discontinued by the end of this year.
The one above, me personally, I would not run out and buy one.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1545 | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
The Custom Classic is in the top three on my list for my next purchase.

Posts: 6620 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Love my SA Garrison. Everything you need and nothing you dont.

I have to agree. I like my Loaded, but I would have gone with the Garrison if it had existed when I bought mine. I actually spent money changing my loaded to make it more like a Garrison, lol (GI guide rod, non-ambi safety, etc.).

I don't hate the Sig. I don't care for the color, the ambi safety, or the short flat trigger, but if I was looking for a modern "working" 1911, I could be happy with most of the design. The front strap checkering is nice, optic cut is a plus, and a rail has it's uses (even if it is a bit ugly). That beveled barrel bushing and barrel crown are actually kind of handsome. The slide serrations aren't too aggressive, and the magwell funnel also looks functional while still being minimalist enough to be practical for carry.

That shiny Colt Custom is actually less to my taste than the Sig. If I were going for nostalgia I'd want a parkerized GI gun.

quote:
The $1500ish price tag a little outrageous for a MIM filled 1911. If the Romeo X came with it for that price, it wouldn't be too awful, but not at the almost $1800 that Sig wants for it.

I definitely do agree with that. This is maybe a $1000-$1200 gun ($1400-$1500 if the optic came installed), not $1800.

Posts: 8571 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Colt 1911 that I bought new in 1993. I have never modified it and won’t. I rarely shoot it but there is just something special about it that draws me to it. That Sig is not my favorite color. I have no problem with the modernization of it. The price tag is very hefty though. If it was $600-$800 and black, I would probably give it some thought. Even then, the Colt is just plain cooler.

Posts: 70 | Location: Southeast Georgia  | Registered: February 04, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scooter123:
This is a 1911. Note the round top slide, the lack of any rails and the wonderful clean lines of the pistol.

Compare this to that abortion that Sig calls a 1911 and I would rather have a blind pig than that mess.

I have a couple of Sig's 1911 Carry models, the Scorpion in .45 and the Nightmare in .357....they don't look too bad, both shoot pretty well.

But ya' know what is worse? Far worse?

What has to be to single most overrated, overpriced, overhyped pseudo-1911 abortion that was ever conceived in sin by mankind.....
Those gawdawful, ugly as a buzzard on a gut wagon Staccato abominations. Gag....

Posts: 807 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
That external extractor just ain’t right

Kimber could not pull it off and dropped it.
Smith and Wesson did a perfect job with it on the E series 1911. Those are some under rated 1911 guns.

Posts: 1660 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mike56:
quote:
That external extractor just ain’t right

Kimber could not pull it off and dropped it.
Smith and Wesson did a perfect job with it on the E series 1911. Those are some under rated 1911 guns.

I agree, I've got an E Series 1911, it runs like a top. Got it at the FT leavenworth PX. The external extractor and MIM parts do turn some folks off to it, but I paid around $700-800 for it and am very happy.

Posts: 4591 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I agree, I've got an E Series 1911, it runs like a top. Got it at the FT leavenworth PX. The external extractor and MIM parts do turn some folks off to it, but I paid around $700-800 for it and am very happy.

My Commander E-series has been quite reliable as well. Several years ago I did swap out the factory slide stop for an Ed Brown piece because the S&W part was starting to bend after I apparently sent the slide into battery using it a few too many times for the part's liking and physical well-being. Took a little fitting before the EB part slotted right in, but the gun has run without hiccup ever since.

EDIT: as for the SIG, I guess I have the aesthetic sensibilities of a immature, hedonistic youngling since I've never been that fanatic over 'maintaining the purity of John Moses Browning's handgun masterwork'. After all, I'm a Glock guy and everyone knows that Glock fanboys know nothing about 1911s anyway. Big Grin About the only thing I might object to is the color of the slide not being a better match to the frame. As it is, the slide color and sheen reminds me of peanut brittle and would have me wanting to get that slide refinished...preferably in BLACK. SIG also has a habit of making their past 1911 slides mimic the shape of classic P-SIGs, so this one mimicking a P-series X-Five (or a P320F) isn't that galling/offensive/nauseating to me.

-MG

Posts: 1993 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of huskerlrrp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
That external extractor just ain’t right.

I bought some frame/slide combo's from the company (Caspian) that does (or did) the SIG 1911s many years ago. They have the external extractor and I have had zero failures with them. I even shot them in USPSA in Single Stack a few times a year. They don't require any tuning like the internal ones do. So while it doesn't look "classic" it has been very functional in my opinion. It's like a coil over suspension vs. a leaf in my opinion.

Posts: 1789 | Location: North Cackalacky | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For those of us who want/need an RDS, who else makes a 1911 we can use?

A superior pilot is best defined as one who uses his superior judgment to avoid situations requiring the use of his superior skill.

Posts: 369 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post